Faster yaw speed ? Rotations - increase gains help?..

Reaction score
So I would like to be able to rotate faster I was wondering if I increase in the Naza software the yaw gain to 150 would that help? ( currently 100)

I'm not quite sure what increasing the gains do? Does it make the input more sensitive to my movements ?

Thanks - joe

Changing the GAIN won't help the yaw speed as you wish simply because the yaw is controlled by varying the speeds of the pair that turn in opposite direction. The GAIN is the strength of the NAZA to stabilize the flight in 3 respect: pitch, pitch, roll & yaw plus the vertical. The last is from the help of barometer and the first 3 from the gyro, accelerometer and compass.
So lower the yaw gain will give you more control via the stick but once you let go the stick, the heading may not be locked on right away. You have to try and see at what setting works best for you.
For example, when I changed to the carbon fiber props which are very stiff, so the correction to stabilize the Phantom is much quicker than the very flexible stock props. If I keep the default GAIN setting when using the carbon props, my Phantom will oscillate back & forth.

tanasit said:
Changing the GAIN won't help the yaw speed as you wish simply because the yaw is controlled by varying the speeds of the pair that turn in opposite direction. The GAIN is the strength of the NAZA to stabilize the flight in 3 respect: pitch, pitch, roll & yaw plus the vertical. The last is from the help of barometer and the first 3 from the gyro, accelerometer and compass.
So lower the yaw gain will give you more control via the stick but once you let go the stick, the heading may not be locked on right away. You have to try and see at what setting works best for you.
For example, when I changed to the carbon fiber props which are very stiff, so the correction to stabilize the Phantom is much quicker than the very flexible stock props. If I keep the default GAIN setting when using the carbon props, my Phantom will oscillate back & forth.

Ok so with that being said upon initial take off phantoms facing straight as soon as it leaves the ground it shoots left ... How do I fix that with Naza?

darkhorse said:
Have you tried enabling manual mode?

Kinda afraid To go from gps mode straight to manual. But I can fly the **** out of gps mode .... :D
What's the biggest difference of manual mode?.. What's the big deal ?

Capodrone said:
tanasit said:
Ok so with that being said upon initial take off phantoms facing straight as soon as it leaves the ground it shoots left ... How do I fix that with Naza?.

Try simple IMU calibration first, then the compass calibration (do it outside and far away from any metal constructions if possible make sure no pipe line under ground nearby too) and finally the TX stick calibration. Also make sure the Phantom is on the level surface before taking off in ATTI mode only.

tanasit said:
Capodrone said:
tanasit said:
Ok so with that being said upon initial take off phantoms facing straight as soon as it leaves the ground it shoots left ... How do I fix that with Naza?.

Try simple IMU calibration first, then the compass calibration (do it outside and far away from any metal constructions if possible make sure no pipe line under ground nearby too) and finally the TX stick calibration. Also make sure the Phantom is on the level surface before taking off in ATTI mode only.

If you do imu calibration through software alone, disconnect power down reconnect then single green led and fly. Is it really necessary to do the compass calibration. I never did it is that bad?

And when taking off I take off in gos mode right now ( cause ima noob ) should it be atti ?

The compass is set from the factory or perhaps possibly the dealers, so most likely it is NOT the same time zone where you fly your Phantom. In fact, you should calibrate the compass whenever you fly at different location whether far away from your usual flying site or different time zone.

Taking off must be done in ATTI mode only because in GPS mode it'll try to correct itself right away thus causing crash for many.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik