Faster landing

Reactions: jwmcgrath
Some members have had "inverted powered flight to the ground". Makes me wonder what happens if your AC inverts during power down, and how it will behave after power up.

I certainly wouldn't do it intentionally, but I'd try REAL HARD to CSC to restart if I stalled accidentally.

I would not try that even if you lent me your bird, At 600 feet it's about 6 seconds to splat. I must admit I am curious if it could be done.

Ohh, OK. I do that almost every time I fly My Syma X5SC quad. I take it up a few hundred feet, cut the motors completely and hit the throttle, just before it hits the ground. It's $35 to replace it if it smacks the ground. Not going to try it with a $500 machine. Hahaha.

Someone ringing my bell ?

My hourly rate is $100 ..... seriously.... with a minimum charge of 12hrs.

Nigel

This question has been asked and debated many times. It seems the threads typically have the question itself, the person who did it in the sim, the person who used to do it all the time with a P2, the people who ask why can't it be done and the people who say do the math since it takes too long for a P3 to go through it's start up process.

What I am still hoping to see is a legit video of anyone actually doing it successfully.

My very humble opinion is that yes, I suppose it can work in real life but it would take an enormous amount of luck and an altitude much higher than we really should be flying our drones. My thoroughly unscientific guess is that if someone tried it from a very high altitude with 1000 different P3's that it might accidentally work one time. The other 999 times would result in epic Phantom splatter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20