Fantastic DJI service experience

Reaction score
Thought i would post my service experience with DJI. I've had my P2V+ for a year, and had a minor incident (well, i lost orientation and steered into a tree), fortunately landed on grass but the crash caused the camera to come off the gimble (breaking the black "flex" band which I believe is the communication or battery wiring). Not self-repairable (although there are youtube instructional videos if you can get the part), I sent it into DJI service. I received an email acknowledgment that they received it on Jan 12th. Four days later i received another email indicating the work that was done, stating they had also upgraded the firmware, and some friendly advice on operations, and today received it back.

11 days total including shipping. And, surprisingly, no charge (I think they messed up on that one, but I'm not complaining).

Bottom line - great communication, fast service. Thank you DJI.

John

Very glad to hear of your experience. I'm dealing with DJI and the Aussie distributor at the moment. Communication with China has been good, though the time zone difference means waiting overnight for some answers. Just waiting to hear how they want to do it. I'll probably be visiting the distributor with my Phantom tomorrow, and hopefully back to flying after that.

Wow, great news to hear they took care of you.

I sent mine in on the 5th from Chicago to Cali. It was checked in on the 12th, repair completed on the 21st, and is scheduled to be delivered home tomorrow. Just over three weeks from when it showed as delivered to DJI.

johnbrowning said:
11 days total including shipping. And, surprisingly, no charge (I think they messed up on that one, but I'm not complaining).

Bottom line - great communication, fast service. Thank you DJI.

John
Obviously with that time you did not send it to China. So where did you send it? Might be a good place to keep on file if needed.

When I bought P2 with H3 3D, the gimbal was bricked from factory. Sent it to Cali warehouse and had a new replacement the next week. Pretty good. It seems things are getting better now that the California warehouse / repaircenter is open.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik