False reading on front sensors

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with false readings on front obstacle avoidance. I have calibrated several times but it seems to start up again. At 400 feet nothing around and front sensor keeps saying obstacles at 2 feet. Continues to beep and won't let me move forward. I had to return craft in sport mode.

At 400 feet nothing around and front sensor keeps saying obstacles at 2 feet.
Did you try yawing away from the sun to see if that was causing the issue?

No I will try that thanks
Yep, gotten it many times and it scares you the first couple or so especially if your in a little close over trees or what not. But Msinger is right on that the sun reflections little glares here and there cause it. No worries. lol. Just not sure why we get it with the P4P and I never had it with my 2 P4's?

Yep, gotten it many times and it scares you the first couple or so especially if your in a little close over trees or what not. But Msinger is right on that the sun reflections little glares here and there cause it. No worries. lol. Just not sure why we get it with the P4P and I never had it with my 2 P4's?
Just add my experience, I have had it a few times with my P4,low winter sun is the cause, you can yaw your way out, or as the OP did, swap to sport mode which renders the OA inactive.

Just add my experience, I have had it a few times with my P4,low winter sun is the cause, you can yaw your way out, or as the OP did, swap to sport mode which renders the OA inactive.
I wonder if it could have been in later updates on the P4's that caused yours. Man I flew a lot of P4 footage last year and never had it once. Thx for the share man.

Happened to me too on Saturday. Next time I am going to try turning the sensors off. It sure gooses up a nice flowing video.

Sure does! I turn my sensors when flying well above obstacles and in the bright sun for this exact reason. Also, fly's much smoother during low altitude flying -- but with much additional risk, of course!

Get it with the Mavic Pro too. Key reason to disable OA in RTH and have the RTH settings set for way above all obstacles in the area.

Reactions: KevMo Photog

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl