False Height Limit Reached?

Reaction score
Yesterday while flying somewhere around 400' I got the message height limit reached, I noticed my gps signal was fluctuating between 6 and 5 satellites. My height limit is at the default setting. This was not a no fly zone. Would 5 sat locks on the gps pose a false reading on height? Any idea why I received this message when I was no where near the height limit? Thanks.

Have you double checked your max ceiling setting in the assistant software? When I upgraded to 3.06, my max distance settings were both reset. It ruined a video I was shooting, in fact.

sidebox said:
Have you double checked your max ceiling setting in the assistant software? When I upgraded to 3.06, my max distance settings were both reset. It ruined a video I was shooting, in fact.
Well it's possible that's what happened. Currently I'm traveling away from home with no computer to hookup to and check. If it had reset, wouldn't it had been much higher than 400'?

I had a similar problem. First flight after upgrade I topped out ~120 metres. I am pretty sure I saw the limits in the assistant set to 500m, but maybe I'm wrong. I am not within A,B,C class airspace and this is confirmed on the DPI site. Not sure of the solution. I might try reseting the max height, but suggestions welcome.

I've run into that problem before as well. Max height is default setting ~1600'. Got to about 400' and warnings appeared. I am 12 miles from an airport however, but according to the default safety zones, I should be clear.

Curious to see if anyone else is having similar issues.

Being new to this when you speak about the default limits in the software that makes it sound you're able to change these values but I haven't seen how to do this in the assistant software.

However aren't these default values there to protect the Phantom for going to far away/high or is it safe to change them?

I've had this happen twice. On review I noticed that both times I briefly dropped down to 5 satellites.

Checking the documentation it is mentioned on both page 30 of the Vision+ manual (no doubt in the others too) as well as on the DJI wiki:
In Ready to Fly mode, height, distance limits and No Fly Zones work together to manage flight. In Ready to Fly (non-GPS)
status, only height limits work and flights cannot go higher than 120m.
According to a post by outlaw704 in another thread this limit applies to ATTI mode too.

Is there an airport anywhere near you? I was in Leduc Alberta yesterday miles from the airport and got a Height Limit Reached warning at 400'. Of course it also told me I was inside restricted space when I started the flight so I'm sure yours would have done the same if that was the case.

If you do NOT have 6 satellites there is a hight limit of 120 meters.

Ie 400 feet.

robinb said:
If you do NOT have 6 satellites there is a hight limit of 120 meters.

Ie 400 feet.
I have nver heard this before. Did you read this somewhere?

Guys, can I ask, is it a specific popup that you get when it's an airport restriction thing? Can you let me know the actual wording used.

I'm just over 5 km away from a major airport and today, as I was taking my copter up to 100 m this morning, I got the "Signal Lost" alert on my display. In fact, it was just before I hit 100 m. I had 12 satellites at the time. The popup disappeared a few seconds later, but I can't recall it did that by itself or because I high-tailed it back down immediately.

I've gone up to 80+ meters here a few times without any issues. In fact, I've never had signal issues here before, as it's wide open and I don't stray further out than 100 m anyway, up or away.

I know that anywhere within 5 miles of a major airport, you'll get a warning at 100 m/330 ft, and because I was just going to hit 100 m, I'm thinking maybe it was the airport warning that I got. But then, if that's the case, "Signal Lost" isn't what I should be getting.

I'll have to try taking it up to 100 m again obviously. But I'm keen to hear your take on this before I do.

By the way, my height limit is set to 500 m. Checked it yesterday.

Cheers.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic