Falling phantom 1

Reaction score
Hello!
Just got a used phantom 1 with a walkera gimball and 2 batteries. :)

it Works fine for maybe a minute but then starts blinkin (Green - red), and (Green-red-red).

Then suddenly when i try go a little bit higher ALL RED and starts falling down (im in panic). Similar on the other battery started going wherever it wanted and got it to land sideways.

Afraid to fly with it on harder ground because of falling down, has not damaged on grass.

Could it be the batteries? (little bit swollen,wiggles a little on flat surface), controller battery? something inside the drone wrong?

Any ideas?

Do you have a battery voltage checker have you have the phantom hooked up to the software have you opened the shell up yet any of the above is a guess how old are the batterys

Sounds like bad batteries.

If the Phantom came to you without a manual you can download it to learn what all the Pilot LED signals mean.Also download the Naza software to learn more,update firmware,calibrate and adjust settings.
You can download the manual and the Naza software here;
DJI Phantom Drone

Sounds like the lipos might be puffed...considering this was a used quad, no telling how many cycles are on those two batteries. Look to Hobby King for some 2.2ah (or higher) 3s lipos that fit the battery bay and your budget.
(Not affiliated with HK, just trying to support my hobby on the cheap to keep my wife from getting too mad)

buy a lipo battery low voltage tester with buzzer, they cost 2 or 3 dollar in china, and put it with double side tape on the back of your battery door.
you can set the voltage alarm and it starts to beep when one of the battery cells go under the voltage. and you can check te cells one by one.

Reactions: rattydude77
I bought the one of those Chinese battery condition indicators. Very cheap and effective, but the buzzer is really feeble. You don't hear it if the thing is more than 20 feet away.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj