Falling leafs in the fall... Problems?

Reaction score
When leafs are falling en-masse at the height of Fall, has that ever been known to be a flight problem?

Here in the Midwest, our Oak, Hickory, and Maple leaves can be large.

And during the height of Fall, it can be like a leaf storm... even with little or no wind.

Thoughts?

Experiences?

A random leaf here/there shouldn't be a problem (some of us have flown into leaves still attached to tress lOL with minimal ill effect) but several leaves or leaves possibly attached to branches (sometimes a whole section will fall out at a weak spot on a branch) could easily cause issues. Anything that would obstruct a motor is going to greatly hamper (stop) your flying ability.

I haven't flown my P3S in fall since I've only had it since Dec. 2016, but unless you are flying directly under a tree while it is dropping all of its leaves it shouldn't be a problem.

I live in Ontario Canada and we have lots of deciduous trees. The colours have already started and some are already dropping their leaves. Most of the time I would be launching from an open area so it shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
I haven't flown my P3S in fall since I've only had it since Dec. 2016, but unless you are flying directly under a tree while it is dropping all of its leaves it shouldn't be a problem.

I live in Ontario Canada and we have lots of deciduous trees. The colours have already started and some are already dropping their leaves. Most of the time I would be launching from an open area so it shouldn't be a problem.
Same. I got my P3P in dec16. Sadly I can't fly because I have to replace the shell. Hopping to get it up in the air soon before the trees are bare. I love fall... except that what comes after it, comes after it. lol

I ran into a sudden cloud of leaves on a film set once, a blower had fallen over and sent some wet leaves up.
It sent me spinning and rotating like crazy, a pure miracle I didn't crash.
As long as the props can maintain speed till fly, but if you hit some and they slow down below demand revs, it's all bets off. I think I can only give obvious advice; avoid or do with extreme caution.

Reactions: UpLift Aerial

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav