Failsafe mode on S1

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to. I have enabled IOC mode using the assistant software, what i can't find in the software when the copter is plugged in is the option to change switch S1, I mean the lower setting to allow for failsafe mode. Is this possible with the phantom 1?

I don't really want to check if it works but would like it as something to try if something drastically goes wrong and i can't use Atti mode. I don't really like the idea of turning off my controller.

Is this function only available on the Phantom 2 ? By the way I'm using the mac version of the software the latest downloaded from the website

Kind Regards

Richard

Hey Scampaboy, I noticed your question deals specifically with a Phantom 1. The first response, while it is an excellent guide, shows the screens relating to Phantom 2, and some of the options are different for Phantom 1. The answer to your question is yes, the FS/RTH function is programmable in the Assistant software for the Phantom 1 using S1. I can't remember all the steps at the moment, but if you navigate to the screen where the S1 switch options are available (it may be under the Tools tab), there is a down arrow under the third position to change it from ATTI to either FS or Manual. Just click the down arrow and choose FailSafe and move the switch to verify your selection. This is one of the first changes I made when I took mine out of the box a couple weeks ago. I tested it and it works perfectly. Let us know how it turns out...

Great thanks for the replies guys !!!!!

I sorted it out I was looking in the wrong place in the software.

rebelyellNC said:
Hey Scampaboy, I noticed your question deals specifically with a Phantom 1

If you could send me a screen grab of what you see I can include that in the guide

Thanks (pm me for an email addy)

If during a flight you flip switch to Failsafe can you switch back to GPS or ATTI and regain control? Ive had my switch set to ATTI in both positions because I was a little afraid of the Failsafe mode and accidentally switching into it. Thanks

legrandphoto said:
If during a flight you flip switch to Failsafe can you switch back to GPS or ATTI and regain control? Ive had my switch set to ATTI in both positions because I was a little afraid of the Failsafe mode and accidentally switching into it. Thanks
Yes,when in Failsafe Mode if you switch to ATTI or GPS you will regain full control.
Don't be afraid of failsafe it may be your best friend if you get into difficulty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4