Failsafe earlier than expected

Reaction score
Hello,
I had 2 issues like that.
Phantom V1.1.1 w/upgrade kit Naza V2
The last one today when red light started to blink quickly and started landing (not hovering anymore).
I checked the battery voltage and it was 11.70
My failsafe values are defaults so 11.3 should be the first warning.
This is happening, not always, after I installed a FPV system with an Immersion 600mW vTx and a power filter for it.
What can I do/check?
Thank you

Since the red light is blinking when it happens, that indicates it thinks the battery voltage is below whatever the 2nd-level "loaded" value is set at in the Assistant software. If failsafe was activated, you would have seen yellow flashing instead.

What are you using to see/measure voltage?

I am also experiencing sudden auto landing fail safe on fully charged batteries. I start up and takeoff normally with blinking green light with full GPS lock and the Phantom will fly normally for about 30 seconds and then begin flashing rapid red LED and immediately land. I have 4 batteries and it is occurring on all of them. I measure 12.3 Volts when I remove the battery and check it with my LiPo checker. My Phantom is on 4.02 FW and is almost a year old.

Any suggestions on how to fix? My L1 and L2 values are Naza default values.

When you next connect to the Naza Assistant software see what value is being shown for a fully charged battery. You may only need to recalibrate the voltage sensor.

Regards

Nidge

Also,

in flight the battery is 'under load'.

When you measure back on the ground (workbench, etc.) you are not.

Voltage will sag under load.

It would be helpful to attach a low voltage buzzer, iOsd or btu to the phantom to see what voltage the Naza is actually seeing under load. It could be that your batteries are aging and the internal resistance has risen to the point where it can't output the required current fast enough.

Your Naza voltage calibration or alarm levels could be off as well.

But it would be most useful to see exactly how the battery is behaving in flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20