Failsafe doesn't seem to work on P1

Reaction score
So i just got my phantom 1 in the mail yesterday and have kind of hovered it around for about a minute a few times since then but i went into the Naza assistant and enabled the failsafe trigger on the remote. I decided to test it out today and since it was my first time actually flying i was really nervous about wrecking it. I waited for the gps to lock the home position (it did), i took off and then gently moved the drone a few meters away from the starting position. I triggered the failsafe and it flew up to the 60 feet that it's supposed to but then just stayed there and hovered and didn't seem to want to come back. It drifted slightly with the wind away from the home position and wasn't making any attempt to come back down whatsoever. I'd say it was up there for about 25 seconds before i began to worry about losing it and switched back into gps mode and landed it manually. Keep in mind this was my first real flight with it so I'm not sure about how long this should take or what the process looks like but I'm just trying to avoid losing it completely. Hope you can help provide some insight and sorry if i sound stupid but thanks!

Welcome to the forum
2 sets of light (rapped green)
1st set GPS
2nd set Home lock

But, read the downloadable manual MANY times. Couldn't they have used a larger font?! I'm still reading mine!

And a warm welcome to our play pen!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl