Failsafe after 3 seconds?

Thanks BigAl07. I understand what you write. Isn't it odd, though, that you can still fully control the aircraft, but have no information on the app display, not even telemetry? Have more users had this? Mind you, this only happens at great distances - I never have this problem flying within 1 or 2 miles. Maybe it's because my firmware is old (1.1.9)? I already swapped cable and devices and this doesn't change anything.
It's not odd at all.
It's not due to using old firmware (but you should update that - 1.1.9 is a long way back)
It's because the radio control your controller sends out is completely different from the video and telemetry signal that your Phantom sends back.
It's not odd for one of these to be lost before the other.
You fly far enough and you eventually get out of range.
It's not a bug, it's good design that ensures that when you lose video signal due to distance that you still have R/C signal to be able to bring it back.

I have an issue similar to the OP. My a/c is seemingly out of range, the r/c indicates no signal at all, no video, no form of contact period. Yet it seems the a/c waits for quite some time, as much as 3 minutes as far as I can tell, before RTH engages. I am used to a minute of lapse but 3 minutes makes me nervous. When you are a good distance away those two to three minutes can be the difference between making it home and having to do safe landing on the way home. And then you have to hope it lands somewhere you can get to it and not the roof of some factory that you flew around and not over initially. Just wish there was some way to ensure RTH engages as soon as the signal is lost for 3 seconds.

The birds data is not making back to the remote, the Bird is still seeing the remote, two different types of communication.
Which Phantom do you have?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31