Failed update, now just beeps and flashes :(

Reaction score
Hey all, just stumbled across your forum while trying to find answers, im hoping someone here can help..

I just picked up my PLUS yesterday, charged everything, started the update and it failed - told me to powercycle.

After the power cycle is constantly beeps and the leds flash red, the gimbal doesnt even power up.

I have left it on for several minutes thinking it may still update but nothing. The computer software no longer detects the phantom being connected.

I have rebooted everything and plugged it back in in different sequences, but still nothing.

I also have the NON PLUS so I know how to do the update so I know I did it right.

Thanks for any help

Right... for anyone else reading this .. After throwing a tantrum you couldn't imagine I fixed it.

On my original computer (the one that failed) i had uninstalled and reinstalled the software and drivers atleast 10 times, still wouldnt work...

I then got a computer that had never had the software installed, installed it and it did the update fine.. So just uninstalling the software obviously leaves the corrupted files on your PC in cache... Lesson learnt.

Man what a pain - same thing happened to me. I also have upgraded my P2V previously so know how to do it. Thanks for your hint about using a different machine. I just fired up a VM to do this in anyway, and just made a second one, installed the software (and actually had to kill the install the first time because the first C++ environment install froze), but after I installed, the upgrade worked and after power cycling, the beeping stopped. Hope it flies ok tomorrow! Crap software.

restart pc power it all up again and try
could be controler miss match and update it

just a guess

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj