Failed to read original video from device

Reaction score
Hi, I'm pretty new to flying phantoms, so my question may sound dumb. I've been trying to get the original HD footage from my quad, but it just says, "Failed to read original video from device. Please try again." I'm very confused because my phone is connected to the drone and the SD card is inserted. Any suggestions to fix the problem are appreciated. Thanks!

Take out the SD card and copy to computer. Not sure how you are trying to view from your phone.......

Reactions: Pharm
Hi, I'm pretty new to flying phantoms, so my question may sound dumb. I've been trying to get the original HD footage from my quad, but it just says, "Failed to read original video from device. Please try again." I'm very confused because my phone is connected to the drone and the SD card is inserted. Any suggestions to fix the problem are appreciated. Thanks!
I had this prob too. Try to switch from 2.7k to 1080p in your camera settings in the dji go app. Hope this helps...

I had this prob too. Try to switch from 2.7k to 1080p in your camera settings in the dji go app. Hope this helps...
Some laptops and phones aren't designed to pick up a 2.7k video yet. They just can't process the video..

Take out the SD card and copy to computer. Not sure how you are trying to view from your phone.......

Exactly .....

Power off everything ... forget cable transfers - too slow and often cable is at fault.

As he says - take out the SD card ... put it into a card reader and direct load to Computer. Its quicker, cleaner and doesn't need everything powered up ...
You can do as I do ... cut and paste the video - that way you also delete the file when transferring recovering that valuable card space. No need to format or any of that bumf some people insist on ...

Put card back in AC once transferred ready for next flight.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20