Failed Compass Dance...

gunslinger

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I have not been able to get a successfully completed compass dance since I installed 2.0. Has anyone else run into this?

Once I finally give up and get her off the ground and up to about ten feet or so, she seems to fly just fine. She hasn't hovered as tight as when I first bought her, in quite some time. So... She does move around a bit with hands off both sticks. I've done the compass dance a number of times in the same locations where it used to work just fine, mostly on the first attempt.

I've gone into Assistant and the metrics I'm seeing on the compass are well in the normal range. Is anyone else seeing this?

Another thing I'm seeing pretty consistently now is a slow flashing green, slow flashing yellow when waiting for just slow flashing green. The manual says this is "warming up" I've never seen this phase last as long as it's lasting lately. Anyone else?

-slinger

After installing the 3DPower gimbal it took me three times to get a successful compass calibration. I have no idea if it was because of the gimbal or the firmware or maybe something I was doing wrong. One thing I can say is that until I got a good compass calibration, my vision would not hover. If I let go of the sticks it would begin spiraling, beginning with small circles and gradually increasing to the point (20+ foot circles and accelerating) where I was certain it would either go away or crash. All seems well now.

Neither of mine have been as still in the air as before the last march update. I get a 3-5' general holding position rather than rock solid as it was before...... I am not going to hook up my P2V until I am sure the bugs are ironed out of 3.0 so I cannot quote numbers but I do get the light flash in horizontal and vertical movement to set compass calibration

This is kind of weird, but I upgraded to 3.0 tonight and had a successful compass dance on the first shot... I have no idea if the two are even related...

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik