Fail safe question

Reaction score
I have just returned from my 3rd flight with my Phantom. I was in large field and wanted to see how fail safe worked. I flew it about 75 yards out then turned off remote. It performed awesome as it ascended to 60 feet then came right back to me. My question is how do I regain control of Phantom before it lands. I tried turning remote back on but it did not work. When trying to lift off again I had to disconnect battery and restart Phantom for remote to work. Am I missing something.

You almost had it right. You need to ten the remote back on and flip the right switch all the way down and the all the way up again for you to take control back again.

you have to flip to ATTI (or GPS to ATTI and then back to GPS) to regain control.

for older Phantom flyers, be sure your throttle is at or above 50% when doing so, or it will plummet fast.

reALIGNed said:
you can also regain control of it before it lands and shuts off, the video below explains it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI6fgmuk2rM
That method works on early firmware versions but it will not work on the latest FW.Definitely not on FW v.4.0 or later.
Use the X1 switch,GPS to ATTI to GPS.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj