Fail safe Mode??

Reaction score
I put my FC40 in fail safe mode after an altitude test today, It was coming back down but seemed unresponsive so I flicked the switch, when it got to a few feet away I thought if I flicked the switch to gps I would get control again but this didn't happen!! should it?

Also how high/far should you be able to get with a FC40.

Cheers

Hit what switch? Turned the transmitter off? If you turned the TX off there is a cpl steps you need to do after you turn the TX back on. I moved my fail safe(RTH) to the bottom position of the S1 switch(rt top switch). That way when I get my phantom back in sight I just flip the S1 switch back up to Atti or GPS.

Thanks for getting back to me, I flipped the RTH switch all the way down to fail safe mode, it came back down but when I flicked it back up to GPS mode I had no control.
It did land ok and all was good but was not sure if I should of been able to land it my self, it was only about 50-60 feet away but I couldn't control it so got a bit freaked out .
Done a couple more flight since and all is ok, I think it may have went to high and lost sig

you should be able to switch correctly.
Works on mine anyway. Though i don't use it much. just checking everynow and then if it works.
I don't like it being controlled by something i don't have control over hehheh

when you flick the s1 switch all the way down, is that RTH feature stock? MEaning, does it come from the factory that way? Total noob here and i thought RTH was activated when you shut off the transmitter or it flies out of range. thanks guys!

No, not with mine anyway. it was manual controll. so i had to change that option into RTH. the course lock and homelock also weren't activated.

jjgriss said:
when you flick the s1 switch all the way down, is that RTH feature stock? MEaning, does it come from the factory that way? Total noob here and i thought RTH was activated when you shut off the transmitter or it flies out of range. thanks guys!

The default for the switch is GPS, ATT and ATT. You can change the bottom position to RTH or Manual with the Assistant program.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.