Fail Safe - how do you take control?

Reaction score
When the Drone is in fail safe / return home and you want to take control when you see it, what do you do?

jedi88 said:
When the Drone is in fail safe / return home and you want to take control when you see it, what do you do?

Are you in Vision mode or NAZA?

Vision mode you'd flip the S1 switch to position 2 or 3

NAZA mode

Flip back to GPS pos 1 or ATTI pos 2 also S1

Edit: Good catch Pull Up. I meant S1 not S2. Fixed above.

Noob question: whats the difference between vision and naza mode?

By default, I am probably in vision mode? Should I switch?

So flip position S1 to 2 or 3 ? Once / multiple times? Will it beep ect?

No bleeps. If you flip the S1 switch down from the top position to middle for a second then back up again you should see the "return to home" message on the app disappear if you are back in range. Although if you are the extremes of transmitter range you probably lost video and telemetry long before.

Are you initiating RTH by turning the tx off?

Oh, and re:NAZA vs standard Vision mode - do some research. Plenty of threads on here about the differences and plenty of advice as to whether you should switch or not and when! :)

Pull_Up said:
No problem, I think mist of us think it would make more sense to have had 1 on the left... :)
In China, formal documents (Traditional Chinese) the content starts top right and then moves down and to the left. It is quite common to see notices (on the metro etc) where the first item is on the right and the second is to the left of it. I think the controller switch numbering is a result of this.

Pull_Up said:
No problem, I think mist of us think it would make more sense to have had 1 on the left... :)
yes those crazy right to left Chinamen :cool:

So.....

A few questions:

1. Do I need to set S1 att mode in software ?
2. Should I set a switch to auto fail safe ? OR should I turn the control off to get it home?

jedi88 said:
So.....

A few questions:

2. Should I set a switch to auto fail safe ? OR should I turn the control off to get it home?

To alter the functionality of the switches you need to connect your P2V to the Assistant software and switch into NAZAM mode but imo (and many others) you should study the manual and read up about this on the forum first.

I have read that some people initiate a RTH (return to home) by turning off their controller and others do it using the switch - both methods appear to work.

jedi88 said:
So..... A few questions:
If your new to Vision, remain in out-of-box Vision mode until you you're comfortable flying it both nose-out & nose-in without encountering mobile trees, walls, water, and warm-blooded life forms and until you've perfected making reasonably good controlled landings.

When ready to explore other modes GPS / ATTI / FAILSAFE are the preferred settings of choice -DO NOT- assign or try MANUAL mode until you've clearly developed skills & can operate in a large open preferably soft (grassy) area. For the basics & step-by-step practice tutorials:

Available here:
http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-2-vision-downloads/

For anything else specific, search the Vision forum using the upper left Search box on this page:
http://phantompilots.com/viewforum.php?f=7

Avail yourself of those first and if you still have questions afterwards I'm sure one of us will be more than glad to help you.

iDrone :ugeek:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 461
Pull_Up said:

My thoughts exactly ;-)

pault said:
@iDrone, assuming you are not using Manual, which is your preference for Sw1 posn 3 (down) Failsafe or Failsafe Auto Land ? (can not remember exact options).

Ok, I am not going to enter Naza mode for now :)

Last question....

If I want to initiate auto-home - I turn control off
If I want to recover and auto land - Throttle down, s1 middle and turn on control ? ( please someone give me this)

jedi88 said:
pault said:
@iDrone, assuming you are not using Manual, which is your preference for Sw1 posn 3 (down) Failsafe or Failsafe Auto Land ? (can not remember exact options).

Ok, I am not going to enter Naza mode for now :)

Last question....

If I want to initiate auto-home - I turn control off
If I want to recover and auto land - Throttle down, s1 middle and turn on control ? ( please someone give me this)

If in NAZA and your S1 3 position is FAILSAFE you will not need to turn the controller off. S1 to failsafe to come home and when the bird is back in range flip back to GPS (S1 top position). ATTI position 2 would also work but it will drift. Not good if trees or other obstacles are nearby.

When flipping S1 down to Failsafe or ATTI and then back to GPS, does it revert back to GPS lock pretty quickly or is their a lag?

Pmcdn said:
When flipping S1 down to Failsafe and then back to GPS, does it revert back to GPS lock pretty quickly or is their a lag?

In my case it's been in real time with no lag. I've basically attempted everything the bird can do at about 20 ft just to familiarize myself with all of the functions.

Ok.... did some reading :D

To initiate RTH , switch off control.

If you want to take control , move S1 to middle or lower setting....

This is in vanilla mode / not NAZA....

Please confirm?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.