Factory Reset, Update: It fixed my altitude problems!

There is no way to do a "factory reset".

Why not give it a shot then, Phil? Per the thread you linked, it sounds like DJI support is saying you won't hurt anything by doing it.

Worried it has not been tested enough and will brick my P4, don't have much faith in DJI at the moment

A factory reset wouldn't "brick" your phantom. The terminology of "brick" or "bricking" comes from when you update a firmware and it fails to properly load/install it.

A reset would reset all the settings but there is no reason why it would cause issues. But ensure you calibrate all sensors, IMU, compass, collision avoidance, VPS, etc afterwards.

A factory reset wouldn't "brick" your phantom. The terminology of "brick" or "bricking" comes from when you update a firmware and it fails to properly load/install it.

A reset would reset all the settings but there is no reason why it would cause issues. But ensure you calibrate all sensors, IMU, compass, collision avoidance, VPS, etc afterwards.

Let's hope so, going to try it now, will report back

Reactions: Reed L
I did it a few times several minutes ago and am charging now for a flight. We will see how it goes.

It worked!!

I did a factory reset in DJI Assistant, my P4 is like a different craft, within seconds of taking off I could tell it was much more stable.

Not once has DJI support or any of their forum support guys ever suggested doing a factory reset to fix it.

(Still not great flying over my swimming pool but that's to be expected with the VPS on)

Have just completed another sensor calibration and if that doesn't fix the yoyo issue I will try that as well as my P4 yoyo's very badly! Up to 10 metres and makes getting usable video very difficult.

Have just completed another sensor calibration and if that doesn't fix the yoyo issue I will try that as well as my P4 yoyo's very badly! Up to 10 metres and makes getting usable video very difficult.

Exaxtly the problem I had, tried all other fixes (multiple sensor calibrations, IMU calibrations, lowerered my gains), this is the only one that worked

It worked!!

I did a factory reset in DJI Assistant, my P4 is like a different craft, within seconds of taking off I could tell it was much more stable.

Not once has DJI support or any of their forum support guys ever suggested doing a factory reset to fix it.

(Still not great flying over my swimming pool but that's to be expected with the VPS on)

Did you calibrate the sensors as per the video I sent? How did it go? easy? hard?

Didn't work for me unfortunately.
Returned my P4 for repair yesterday.
I expect I'll get it back by Christmas next year or when the P5 is released. Not a happy camper right now.

Mines going back also but there saying 2-3 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj