FAA WILL SOON TRACK US!!

Reaction score
FAA will soon be able to detect and track drones and find the location of the operator when within 5 miles of an airport.

HERE

FAA will soon be able to detect and track drones and find the location of the operator when within 5 miles of an airport.

HERE
Not according to the article:

...they can now detect drones flying near airports and find the drones’ controllers on the ground.

The phrase "near airports" is not necessarily the same as "when within 5 miles of an airport" as you suggest in the OP.

On the other hand, they could be driving around within a five mile radius of the airport and trying to detect, and in that case, they might have success there.

It was just a matter of time. Next, someone will create an illegal device to stealth the drone from their methods.Then the FAA will step up their game and offer prosecution to anyone blocking federal methods of drone detection. Next thing you know, drones will be grounded permanently. Or until they at least can come to an agreement.

Just me thinking out loud. ;)

It was just a matter of time. Next, someone will create an illegal device to stealth the drone from their methods.Then the FAA will step up their game and offer prosecution to anyone blocking federal methods of drone detection. Next thing you know, drones will be grounded permanently. Or until they at least can come to an agreement.

Just me thinking out loud. ;)
I think think so negative :)

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I see this as a potential positive development.

Let's look at all the press chicken little stories; a good number of negative articles are about some idiot flying near a major airport. If they were safe, called in to the tower etcetera, then no issue but the careless joe six pack pops into best buy, buys a quad and he and his beer buddies at the local park start flying in the take off/landing flight path, no reg, no call. Well, this could be a tool to stop this and once word gets out, it will reduce the behavior. They will find some other way to be stupid.

I remember when jet skis first became affordable, all the drunk idiots on them helped with the decline of weekend boating. Ruining anchorages and more, eventually legislation caught up and being out on the water is much better now.

In the end how this tech is used is more important than the tech itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20