FAA update on flying in DC.

Woohoo!!!!

THIS is some of the best news in months. In less than a day hundreds of square miles of great places to fly will reopen. I can't wait to shoot the Patapsco river area. I've been preparing the dinghy and now Thomas Point Light is added back to my Lighthouses of the Chesapeake project.

Charge up the batteries gang, it's time to fly.

That's at least somewhat good news. Maybe FAA will finally pull their heads outta the dark scary place and actually LEARN SOMETHING about the drones they want to regulate. Especially the drone danger that doesn't exist. Get them to finally remove the Pilot License requirement from commercial use and maybe some more of us could actually start making some money with these things.

A big thank you to all UAV operators who contributed to making this release possible by being responsible, following the guidelines and being safe.

Completely agree! I received the news through our local Meetup Drone Group. Just wanted to share it in case no one had seen it.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
So, the DC SFRA is no longer a no-fly zone. I am assuming I need to wait for DJI to update their software/firmware before I am able to take off and fly in that space?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20