FAA Registration Transfer

Reaction score
I'm in the process of selling my P3 Standard to get a Mavic Pro, eventually, any who, I have my P3 licensed with the FAA and all that good stuff.
Do I transfer the FAA license to the person that's buying my P3?
I don't know what to do.
Any and all help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Cheers!

Reactions: epicdoom
Do I transfer the FAA license to the person that's buying my P3?
Did you register it as a hobbyist? If so, there is nothing to do since your aircraft was never registered. Just remove your FAA number from your P3.

FYI, the FAA no longer requires hobbyists to register Phantoms. See more details here.

Last edited:
Plus 1 for what Msinger said. I bought a drone that was registered and had the FAA number on it I inquired about it through the FAA and was told its not a problem I could remove and discard it they are no longer required to be registered or have the number on the drone, but that I could register it if I wanted to which I do not.

Reactions: driz
For recreational use, even if the FAA refers to it as "sUAS Registration" (small Unmanned Aircraft Systems) it's actually the pilot who gets registered, not the individual aircraft. The registered pilot gets an FAA number that uniquely identifies him/her, and such number should then be applied to all his/her aircrafts. You sell an aircraft, you simply remove your FAA number from it. You buy a new one, you put your number on it.

thanks everybody, didn't know it was that easy, peel of the sticker and away I go, thanks again.

For recreational use, even if the FAA refers to it as "sUAS Registration" (small Unmanned Aircraft Systems) it's actually the pilot who gets registered, not the individual aircraft. The registered pilot gets an FAA number that uniquely identifies him/her, and such number should then be applied to all his/her aircrafts. You sell an aircraft, you simply remove your FAA number from it. You buy a new one, you put your number on it.
That explains it perfectly..

Also, just to have it mentioned... no one is required to register with the FAA for hobby use any longer. It's voluntary.

For the record (since this thread was recently bumped):

FAA Registration is again REQUIRED for hobbyist and commercial operations. Just to update to the latest facts :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr