FAA Registration for each Drone?

Reaction score
Ok I have a question. I bought the P3 4K last week. Registered with FAA. Going to take it back and trade for the P3 Pro tomorrow. Am I required to de register the P3 4K and then Register the new P3 Pro or is the registration number I have good for all my drones?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ok I have a question. I bought the P3 4K last week. Registered with FAA. Going to take it back and trade for the P3 Pro tomorrow. Am I required to de register the P3 4K and then Register the new P3 Pro or is the registration number I have good for all my drones?
Going out on a limb here but You have to register each Drone. FAA numbers are non transferable.
When you registered, the FAA didn't ask for any details of your drone. ... just about you.
They don't know what drone/s you have and they don't care.
You register as an owner/flyer - you don't register the drone.
You can have any number of drones and you simply label each with your number.

From their SUAS registration FAQ:
Q33. Do I have to provide any information on my sUAS?
A. Individual owners that will operate their sUAS solely for model and recreational purposes are not required to provide information about their aircraft when registering. Users who will be operating their sUAS for purposes other than as a model aircraft will be required to provide the sUAS manufacturer model name, and serial number, if available for each aircraft.

Q34. If I own multiple sUAS, do I have to register them all?
A. Owners who fly their sUAS only as model aircraft can use one registration number on all their aircraft. Owners who fly sUAS for purposes other than as a model aircraft must register each aircraft and mark each aircraft with its unique identifier provided when registering.

Reactions: beamerbuilder1
@Meta4
Thanks for the correct information! I based my answer on the info I received from my local airport when asking about registering "multiple" drones.

My bad.... Sorry beamerbuilder1 and to anyone I mislead:oops::oops::oops:

Reactions: beamerbuilder1
@Meta4
Thanks for the correct information! I based my answer on the info I received from my local airport when asking about registering "multiple" drones.

My bad.... Sorry beamerbuilder1 and to anyone I mislead:oops::oops::oops:
Most likely they were referring to "Commercial Registration" which is entirely different than "Hobby Registration".

As a hobbyist YOU are registered.

If you fly commercially you register the AIRCRAFT. Each aircraft is registered individually and labeled as such. If you sell the aircraft there is another form you and the buyer have to complete to "transfer" the registration just like an automobile.

As stated above no need to worry about it as a hobby flyer because you're the one registered not the aircraft.

Reactions: AgnotGT

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1