FAA Part 107 Rules

Reaction score
Just read the new rules for FAA part 107. My New Phantom 4 drone is for sale. Too old to fool around with drone testing and required licenses. Purchased 11/25/2016, cost $1,199.95. Includes the DJI 4ULTACCAUS DRONE BUNDLE. Three batteries, battery charging hub, DJI Phantom 4 Quadcopter/Controller, hard aluminum case for Phantom 4, landing skids, blade guards & shipping box. Flown 10 flights, never crashed. $1,000.00 OBO. Excellent condition

Part 107 only applies if you fly commercial. If you fly for fun you are not bound in any way to part 107.

Reactions: uavflyr
BuickGS, I hope you are correct. I don't want to sale my drone if you are correct. The part I read said, "The new FAA 107 Rules" applies to all drone pilots. Check it out!

From the FAA website:

Does the new Small UAS Rule (part 107) apply to recreational UAS operations?
Part 107 does not apply to UAS flown strictly for fun (hobby or recreational purposes) as long as these unmanned aircraft are flown in accordance with the Special Rule for Model Aircraft (Section 336 of P.L. 112-95). Visit our "Fly for Fun" webpage for safety rules and guidelines that apply to recreational UAS operations. The small UAS rule codifies the provisions of section 336 in part 101 of the FAA's regulations, which will prohibit operating a UAS in manner that endangers the safety of the National Airspace System

As mentioned above, if you have a Part 107 license you can select whether you are operating commercially under Part 107 or as a hobbyist (via flight logs). Part 107 regulations are not relevant unless you have a Part 107 license and are operating under Part 107 for a designated flight.

Nothing has changed for hobby fliers except for the $5 registration that can be used on as many birds as you have.

Reactions: BuickGS

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20