FAA Hobbyist Registration???

Reaction score
So, I did it anyways, but I'm also wondering, what's the point in registration, you don't need to get licensed or get certified or fly a certain amount of hours, and 5 dollars, sounds like a joke. I'm just not really understanding why...

They require registration from everyone just to make sure everyone flying a drone knows the FAA rules that they are required to follow. And by registering (which you legally have to do), you are agreeing to abide by those rules. If you do not, they can track you down.

Last edited:
If you registered early, they refunded the $5 back (now that sounds like a joke....lol).

They require registration from everyone just to make sure everyone flying a drone knows the FAA rules that they are required to follow. And by registering (which you legally have to do), you are agreeing to abide by those rules.
The FAA started sUAS registration (not just drones) as a way to identify aircraft owners.

Your complaining it was only 5$, I'll Pm you my PayPal and send me any extra cash you don't want [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Heck, when I was a kid (in the last century LOL), I had to pay to register my bike with the police and get a metal tag for it that was attached with a metal band. Supposed to help in recovering the bike if it was lost or stolen. $5 bucks for years is still the best deal going from the government!

So, I did it anyways, but I'm also wondering, what's the point in registration, you don't need to get licensed or get certified or fly a certain amount of hours, and 5 dollars, sounds like a joke. I'm just not really understanding why...

Because, if you crashed and hurt someone or destroyed property, they could use that FA number to find out who's *** to kick....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj