Faa has drone data base for public viewing.

I hope this is not old news. You can see how many drones are registered in each state. Also brand and model # in each state. Your serial # and name. Much more. If it is old news, maybe others who didn't know will see it.
FAA Registry - Aircraft - N-Number Inquiry

Unless I'm missing something, that database is still N-number only and does not include sUAS.

Reactions: Squirrel!
It looks like those that registered for N-numbers for their drones. My drones are all registered commercially and I don't show up in the database.

It looks like those that registered for N-numbers for their drones. My drones are all registered commercially and I don't show up in the database.

None of mine show up either - I didn't realize that you could register for an N-number.

Not an expert. The registry website says this:

You must use the paper (N-number) registration process if
  • Your unmanned aircraft is 55 pounds or greater
  • You want to qualify a small unmanned aircraft for operation outside the United States
  • You hold title to an aircraft in trust
  • The small unmanned aircraft owner uses a voting trust to meet U.S. Citizenship requirements
There must be more to this???
Such as voluntarily requesting an ‘N’ number, 333, etc.?

Last edited:
There was a point in time during the 333 exemption process that you could apply for an N number as well.

Not an expert. The registry website says this:

You must use the paper (N-number) registration process if
  • Your unmanned aircraft is 55 pounds or greater
  • You want to qualify a small unmanned aircraft for operation outside the United States
  • You hold title to an aircraft in trust
  • The small unmanned aircraft owner uses a voting trust to meet U.S. Citizenship requirements
There must be more to this???

Right. None of those seem to apply for most sUAS pilots, so I have no idea why one would ever go that route.

Right - I bet that's the explanation. At the time there was no other way to register, if I remember correctly.
Yeah, I had just received my 333 and was looking into getting an N number, then Part 107 was announced so I scrapped the whole thing.

I was able to find all the registrations for all DJI products. Name and address of owners given - all except mine. I also tried to find mine by name. No go Joe.

I was able to find all the registrations for all DJI products. Name and address of owners given - all except mine. I also tried to find mine by name. No go Joe.

I suspect that almost no one who has registered aircraft since Part 107 was implemented is in that database.

There was a point in time during the 333 exemption process that you could apply for an N number as well.

I spoke with the FAA a few days back while registering a new Phantom Obsidian. I was trying to obtain a registration number that was not as long as a vehicle identification number (VIN) #. The lady that I spoke to was very nice and knowledgeable and stated that it is a take what you get and there are no exceptions to the rule

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav