FAA Drone Registration for people from Europe

Reaction score
Hi.
I'm from Italy and I want to register my P3P because I'll be in Florida next month.
But the site does not allow me to do so because I'm not american.
How can I do it?

Thanks
Giovanni

You have until February 19th to register if you had already purchased your "drone" prior to 12/21/15

Last edited:
On the FAA FAQ it is written:

Q11. Updated: Are non-U.S. citizens visiting the United States on vacation or for drone competitions required to register?

A. Everyone, including foreign nationals and tourists, who operate a UAS for hobby or recreational purposes outdoors in the U.S. must use the FAA's online registration system. These non-U.S. citizens or non-permanent U.S. residents will receive the same registration certificate as U.S. Citizens or permanent U.S. residents. However, this certificate will function as a "recognition of ownership" document. This document is required by the Department of Transportation for foreign nationals to operate legally in the US.

Do you have a direct link to this registration? I tried the normal link but it does not allow me to register from outside US..

No don't have a link but I have sent an inquiry because seems you can register only when you will be there already, I mean you should be on USA territory to register the UAS since the front end of the FAA don't accept registration from IP outside USA or anyway from Italy

What you can do it is to register your UAS as soon as you be on the hotel on the first night, the only problem this will cost you $ 5 not refundable (because registration it is done after jan 21)

I'm in the US and am picking up my new Phantom tomorrow. I just began the registration process online but it doesn't have an option for 'aliens' yet!

From the FAQs:
Q12. Who is required to register on the new online UAS registration website?

A. Only individual recreational or hobby users who meet U.S. citizenship requirements are able to register their unmanned aircraft using this new streamlined web-based process. This new, faster and easier system will be available for other UAS owners soon.
So what do I do? Just fly anyway and protest there's no way for me to register yet?! Trying to follow the rules but they don't have their **** together.

I'm in the US and am picking up my new Phantom tomorrow. I just began the registration process online but it doesn't have an option for 'aliens' yet!

From the FAQs:
Q12. Who is required to register on the new online UAS registration website?

A. Only individual recreational or hobby users who meet U.S. citizenship requirements are able to register their unmanned aircraft using this new streamlined web-based process. This new, faster and easier system will be available for other UAS owners soon.
So what do I do? Just fly anyway and protest there's no way for me to register yet?! Trying to follow the rules but they don't have their **** together.
Well. I was able to register it anyway. But I had to use my Torguard VPN for that and use an American credit card with an American mailing address.

Well. I was able to register it anyway. But I had to use my Torguard VPN for that and use an American credit card with an American mailing address.
I could register the quad to my mates address but wanted to do it all in my name seems as their website says it's possible. I guess to save the risk of a $27k fine and three years in the slammer I should just register it to my mates house!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4