FAA bans drones from Super Bowl

It is a shame they even have to say Do Not Fly . Just the thought of flying over a stadium with a game on just fills wrong but I guess not all fill this way and that is why we are in the position we are in .

Reactions: BigAl07
Probably the range of that tactical nuke that you Phantom can carry LOL

Reactions: Fir3b1rd
37 miles seems a bit extreme but it's only for a single day and not even a full 24hrs.

When you play in the aviation world you have to expect and allow for these type of restrictions. It's part of playing the game.

37 miles seems a bit extreme but it's only for a single day and not even a full 24hrs.

When you play in the aviation world you have to expect and allow for these type of restrictions. It's part of playing the game.
I'm reading it's 32NM. This is for all aircraft. So it applies to planes as well. They don't want someone parachuting into the event and want to have a buffer in order to react.

I'm reading it's 32NM. This is for all aircraft. So it applies to planes as well. They don't want someone parachuting into the event and want to have a buffer in order to react.

You are correct. The legend on the chart states 32NM. I was going from the article and the OP. This shows how bad information can propagate quickly which I admit I was adding to the mess lol.

32 nm at 150 m/h = about 10 minutes flight time. That is a reasonable restriction range. Not everything is as slow as a UAV.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic