F550 Retractable Landing Gear

Like to get some feed back about Retractable gear for F550 build.
Pro's & Con's
Thanks,
John
Hey John, hard to believe no responses for over a month! I was interested in info about this too. Maybe this bump will stir something up...

Hey John, hard to believe no responses for over a month! I was interested in info about this too. Maybe this bump will stir something up...

Yes, I'm disappointed no feedback on this issue. I brought it up because I think I would like to install retractable gear for a carrying case. I saw a YouTube where he installed a F550 drone in a 1640 pelican case with gear up. Pretty cool

I don't know rebel!

My wife and I was harvesting grapes at a vineyard Saturday and a club member was video taping everyone with his Phantom 4P. He let me fly it a bit. NICE

After our Costa Rica trip next week. I have a lot to think about. F550 vs. P4P?

I built a 550 with retracts a couple of years ago. I was never really happy with it as it was a bit top heavy for the 550 which probably had to do with how I built it.

Attachments

• DSC_6428.jpg
    DSC_6428.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 353
  • DSC_6430.jpg
    DSC_6430.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 372
  • DSC_6431.jpg
    DSC_6431.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 362
  • IMG_3175.jpg
    IMG_3175.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 341
Here is some low quality video of the gear in action.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I added some automatically retracting landing gear to my F550. It used sonar to measure distance to ground and raised the gear when you were in the air, lowered them again when you got close to the ground.
It was not 100% reliable. In the end, I removed it to reduce weight.

Reactions: SanCap
Thanks Syotr.

They look good, but the feed back I'm getting Is that there to heavy and makes drone top heavy.

So

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.