F450- my first crash

Reaction score
In fact my first ever RC crash. Not that I'm a good pilot- just ultra careful.

But it was strange. Just a gentle hover to assess a battery. 10m up and 25m out. In GPS and HL. 5mph gusts.

It suddenly came right over the top of me. (Perhaps a stronger gust above ground level)

LEDs had all been good to now- but were no longer visible to me.

From that point on all my inputs were violently exaggerated. I fought to regain control-but came 2nd.

No sign off damage on initial check- and all looks correct in the Naza assistant.

Any thoughts?

I thought that when you were in HL and you commanded the bird to come back and when the bird got to a 10 or 20 meter radius around you it switched back to CL. Which would try to circle around you. At which time your controls change and would have to turn IOC off or be ready to have the controls reversed. Or something like that!

Yea, sounds like the issue is unexpected operation from HL to CL combined with being behind you (reversed) and wind combined to create controls confusion.

Yes, you guys are right. After trying to recall the facts- I think this is what happened.

First pilot error- close flying with the craft down wind.

A gust causes it to fly over my head. Now not being able to see the LEDs, I confuse the change from HL to CL and think I have lost GPS.

Next error- instead of just letting the sticks centre ( and let everything calm down) I then start fighting for control. But I am in fact fighting the wind and the Naza. Lack of experience causes me to over compensate- and things go from bad to worse.

Odd thing- from full control to crash somewhere around 5 secs. It still seems like hours!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20