F2V delayed fpv?

Reaction score
I have a new ( 2 months old ) f2v, ( phantom 2 Vision ) everything was going good for several flights, but now my fpv is 6-8 seconds behind actual flight? I tried charging all batteries, nothing, i rebooted my Iphone 4s, nothing changed, so i went to dji.com, and updated, my phantom, controler, and camera, still same problem? Flight is ok, as long as you are in line of sight, but FPV IS USELESS. Any ideas?

Jerry D.
Usa

I sent them an email, my experience with phone calls has been sucky, but I've gotten same day replies via emails? Weird but true. I use dji North America, but no reply yet!

ALSO:
When and IF, I can get this figured out, I will DEFINATELY post an update with info on a fix!

Thanks for the reply, hopefully I can get this resolved soon ? Still fun with no FPV, just not the same!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Ok,
Just had a thought, I was flipping through my iPhone, and went to App Store to see if I could update my app, and I noticed it automatically updated 4 days ago( about the same time this all started ) HMMMMMNM? so I'm going to delete the app and reinstall, will keep you posted!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot. )

For what it's worth, I fly my P2V with an iPhone 4. I get next to no delay as long as I keep the preview setting at 320x240 at 15fps. If I increase to 30fps or try the 640x480 at either frame rate the delay comes back and continually increases to 1 minute or more the longer I fly. I chalk this up the the slower processor in the 4. My wife's 5 does great at the higher settings reinforcing that the issue is not the airframe systems but the preview device.

Try lowering your preview settings and see if it helps.

YES,
That is sound advice, I did delete and reinstall my DJI APP, seems to be working on time now, but a little glitchy? What was weird, it was working fine for a couple months, then caput! Reinstalling the app seems to have made a HUGE difference already, but I will try to back down camera settings to a lower setting, to see if glitching stops! Thank you!
I will start with your advice ( 320x240pixles 15fps ( frames per second ), to see if it helps? Will keep you posted!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

OK FOLKS,
Problem SOLVED!

1) I deleted and reinstalled the DJI APP
2) changed my PREVIEW SETTING TO: ( under settings in app )
( 640x480 15fps )
3) Problem solved ( I still want to field test ) but worked fine for 5 minutes or so no delay or glitching!
( NOTE: I did start with a lower setting ( 320x240 15fps ) but found picture quality was poor ( FPV view only ) actual footage is fine
So I moved to 320x240 30fps was better, but 640x480 15fps was my iPhone 4s's sweet spot, when I tried to push it to ( 640x480 30fps DELAYS started and gradually got worse as time passed! So switched back to 640x480 15fps.

I have a completely stock Phantom 2 vision
Running latest firmware and drivers, I use an iPhone 4s,
I'm running full 1080p ( I chose the middle setting, can't remember what it was off hand? )
And and previewing at ( 640x480 15fps )
( I added a GPS tracker to my phantom 2 Vision as we'll )
IN CASE OF FLY AWAY!
Seems to be doing good! Will keep you updated!
Thanks for all the help guys/gals! I appreciate it !

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Here are a couple pics of my phantom:
DE9DDD7C-58C7-46E7-B7FB-A836D26E5678_zpskm8cwflb.jpg

53CB2E1B-ABCC-4CDC-BA98-07664831CB73_zpsfbxqpppr.jpg

Hope these work?

I guess I better add: the saddle bag is custom made by me, to carry my GPS TRACKER! Done in orange leather!

Enjoy!
Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Are you due for a free phone upgrade? I have Iphone5 and haven't had any issues at all. I know I purchased one of the original ipads and the software is up to date at 5.5 but most new apps need 7.2 now I have to get a new Ipad to get the new apps. Apples way of making you spend money to always have to newest and greatest. Its hard for company's to support and stay up with the newest technology while continuing to support old product. Keep us posted.

How-True,
Fact is I love my 4s, but maybe it is time to upgrade, my mother just got the 5s, pretty cool, I just really hate to part with my 4s,
It has been a great phone! But maybe I'll keep it as an iPod? I ran a few test here on the table, it went 12 minutes ( no issues) but I will post updates, thanks! Take care!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

After the app update I've also had FPV problems. Not delays but constant drop outs and no return until I landed and rebooted the phantom. I have an iPhone 5S. Never had problems with the older version of the app.

After I changed the settings to 640x480 at 15fps instead of 30 it seems to be better.

I think the 30fps setting really is a only for the P2V+. The standard vision seems to struggle with it.

Yes true,
Unfortunately I know very little about the P2V+? But does make sense, as there are several other ( + only settings as we'll )
15fps is cool with me, I'm no SERIOUS videographer, I just doodle, my favorite thing to do is video tape my son's basketball games
Out front with several other neighborhood kids, anywhere from 6-15 kids sometimes ( from 11-16 yrs old ) then we watch them back and poke fun at each other, and such, the kids LOVE IT, I have to turn on my iPod touch to music while we watch, as it is boring as a silent movie! Lol.

Ok,
I flew out 1 ( 100% charged ) battery today. ( nice sunny day, about 80 degrees, maybe 20% humidity, very slight ( north to south breeze ( maybe a couple mph? ) couple clouds. It flew EVENT FREE ( No issues )
FPV, was perfect, did not go crazy far, stayed in view ( as I am still skeptical about the update ) but seems to be fine.
One thing I noticed, sometimes when I'm inside ( testing, ect ) my phantom goes into ( NO FLY ) mode?
Says your in radius of an airport, we do have an airport ( 20-25 ) miles away ( about 30-35 minute drive )
STRANGE, but it either goes away when I reconnect iPhone, or reboot phantom, but stays for a while last night
When I was trying to fix my FPV DELAY! So my fix, along with friendly fellow pilot advice, we got it back in order!
Now I'll work on this no fly crap? ( lol ) we still love you DJI ( just not as MUCH )

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj