EzUHF Rx/Tx and Taranis (X8R) bind procedure

Reaction score
Hello RC friends.
I received my EzUHF Rx/Tx yesterday and am having problems binding it with my Taranis x9d (X8R Receiver)
I followed the Manuals in firnwate update procedures for the EzUHF Rx/Tx and it appears the Module is running the latest up to date firmware, but still the update procedure I attempted to accomplish on my pc DID NOT go as instructed by the manual procedures. It seems there are some missed steps in the written instructions which leaves me guessing what exactly the author meant...lol

Plus, the instructions require that the X8R to have the same firmware version running as well although, there is no instructions on exactly how to update the X8R receiver.

Therefore, the binding procedure is failing...I think...lol

Anyone have these Tx are Rx and success at Binding???

Please help.

Thanks

Michael

I don't have the EzUHF setup with my Taranis (yet), but my understanding was that it binds with its own receiver, not with the X8R.

Either way, to update the firmware on your X8R receiver, you'll need FrSky's update cable which lets you flash it via USB.

Do you have a minute for a quick phone conversation? I'd really appreciate it.
631-312-7100

I ordered the EzUHF Rx/Tx...Thinking it just fits into the back of the Taranis. Then it communicates with the X8R which is installed in the Phantom 2 which came with the purchase of the Taranis.
Are you saying that the EzUHF Rx/Tx should have come with a second part? A Rx which needs to be installed in the Phantom 2?

340cams said:
I ordered the EzUHF Rx/Tx...Thinking it just fits into the back of the Taranis. Then it communicates with the X8R which is installed in the Phantom 2 which came with the purchase of the Taranis.
Are you saying that the EzUHF Rx/Tx should have come with a second part? A Rx which needs to be installed in the Phantom 2?

Correct, like this one: http://www.getfpv.com/ezuhf-receiver-8- ... -lite.html

Again, I haven't tried out the EzUHF gear, but I don't believe there's a way to use it with the X8R. The module you got does fit in the Taranis' bay on the back, to translate your control input in to a radio signal...and that signal has to go to a compatible receiver.

I can chat with you about this, I may not be free for that till tonight or tomorrow though.

Thank you for your reply...I really appreciate it. I just learned that I should have purchased a UHF receiver at the same time as my purchase of the EzUHF Tx...wish the site would have at least had this listed as a needed other half to work...lol
Now, I have to buy the EzUHF 8 Channel Diversity Receiver and wait for that to make it's way through the delivery process...This certainly isn't Amazon.com

Thank you once again.

Michael

No problem! Yeah I see that none of the listings for the EzUHF transmitters specify that a matching receiver is needed. I guess they assume most people going that non-standard route already knew that.

You don't have to get the "diversity" receiver, the one I linked above states that it will work fine too (and is a bit cheaper)...but I have no experience with either, so that decision is up to your preferences.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj