Extremely poor video signal

Reaction score
I have searched the forum and can't seem to find my exact scenario. Forgive me if this has been asked.

I'm having a problem with extremely weak video signals. In the past I have flown 3/4 of a mile with out a single video issue. Now I can be 3 feet away and the video is completely unusable (pixelated and partial green screens.)

When I check the channels for the best signal....rather than a bar graph showing channel strength I see dots at the bottom.

I first thought it must be interference at my location (residential) so I tried out in the mountains, out in the desert, another state....Ive since tried 7 very different locations and all have horrible signal strength.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had this after upgrading the firmware in the aircraft. I deleted & reinstalled dji go, then upgraded the RC firmware via djigo. had to relink, but it fixed the problem. A symptom was that the link light on the RC flashed red/gn continually.

If you didn’t have any crash then it’s a software issue else check antenna connections

I had this after upgrading the firmware in the aircraft. I deleted & reinstalled dji go, then upgraded the RC firmware via djigo. had to relink, but it fixed the problem. A symptom was that the link light on the RC flashed red/gn continually.

Thanks for the info. I've tried this but it did not help. I also dont have the link light flashing red/gn.

If you didn’t have any crash then it’s a software issue else check antenna connections

I have had a couple of minor "tip over landing" type crashes but nothing that caused any serious damage (a few grass stains on the props.)

Where would I look for the video antenna connections? I have the Phantom 3 Pro. I've watched youtube videos and for what ever reason my phantom doesn't seem to match the videos. The videos show antenna connections mounting to the gimbal. I have the four antennas in the landing gear (but I think those are for aircraft control?) The gimbal itself only has two ribbon type cables and that's it.

Update: Hope this helps someone with the same problem.

I spent hours taking apart the entire drone and checking all the connections (everything was good to go, no loose connections.)

I thought I would try to uninstall the DJI Go app, reinstall and see if it helped anything. There was no improvement. However, during the app installation I noted a message that stated the app was not optimized for the device (Galaxy Tab E.) Odd, as the Tablet has worked great for about a year now.

Anyway, I tried my Note 8 and instantly got perfect video...took her up to 400' and still perfect video. Problem solved. The really odd thing is that I always used the tablet because my Note 8 wouldn't even load the app in the past. Completely incompatible. I guess recent updates allowed use of the Note 8 and excluded the Galaxy Tab E.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Update: Hope this helps someone with the same problem.

I spent hours taking apart the entire drone and checking all the connections (everything was good to go, no loose connections.)

I thought I would try to uninstall the DJI Go app, reinstall and see if it helped anything. There was no improvement. However, during the app installation I noted a message that stated the app was not optimized for the device (Galaxy Tab E.) Odd, as the Tablet has worked great for about a year now.

Anyway, I tried my Note 8 and instantly got perfect video...took her up to 400' and still perfect video. Problem solved. The really odd thing is that I always used the tablet because my Note 8 wouldn't even load the app in the past. Completely incompatible. I guess recent updates allowed use of the Note 8 and excluded the Galaxy Tab E.
I'm having the same poor video quality issue, will try changing the phone to see if it will work for me. Thank you for posting.

I have a similar issue. I jave tried downgrading the software. No luck. I updated. No luck. Tried my galaxy s7. Galaxy tablet. Dgi goggles. All have either no connection or extremely bad video. On the controller there is green and red lights. Going crazy with this issue. Its brand new. Can' use it for what I bought it for.

I can' figure out how to upgrade controller. The app says only drone needs update. But I have tried that twice.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic