Extra parts?

Reaction score
Try #2!

I'm the proud owner of a "gently" used Phantom via eBay.
On my first flight one of the propellers fell off due to a loose nut and subsequently crashed inverted onto my garage.
After I brought the Phantom back into the house I noticed a sliver of metal sticking out from one of the motors. I was
able to remove what looks like a "C-clip".

Since then I have made 3 more flights which were uneventful. Am I pushing my luck and have avoided catastrophic failure of the motor since then?

Should I replace the motor or try and reattach the C-clip (and how)?

Thanks.

Sounds like the C clip the attaches the top half of the motor to the bottom half. I wouldn't fly it. Any hardware store should be able to hook you up with a replacement.

2Balls said:
Try #2!

I'm the proud owner of a "gently" used Phantom via eBay.
On my first flight one of the propellers fell off due to a loose nut and subsequently crashed inverted onto my garage.
After I brought the Phantom back into the house I noticed a sliver of metal sticking out from one of the motors. I was
able to remove what looks like a "C-clip".

Since then I have made 3 more flights which were uneventful. Am I pushing my luck and have avoided catastrophic failure of the motor since then?

Should I replace the motor or try and reattach the C-clip (and how)?

Thanks.

YES you are pushing your luck... replace the C clip at the bottom of motor in question.

Thanks for the input guys.

I have replaced the clip, but am now plagued with a loud "buzzing" noise, almost like the plastic body is loose and vibrating.
I made sure all screws were tight before flying and I haven't started troubleshooting yet.

Safe flying!

2-Balls

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20