Extra battery has different lights?

Reaction score
So I bought an extra battery on Amazon. While,charging it I noticed it has totally different lights than the original battery that came with the Phantom. In the extra one you can see the little bulbs inside each individual light. Whereas in the original you don't see bulbs. Anyone ever see this before?

It's the extra battery I purchased on Amazon that's not only brighter but you can see the bulbs lit inside.

The second is the one that came with the Phantom. Did I buy a fake battery??

I cannot see the bulbs in your photo. It appears DJI might have started using different parts and/or a different manufacturer. Whatever the case, it's nothing to worry about.

Yeah it's hard to see but the power button has bulbs in each corner. And the bars are one bulb toward the top. Just has a cheaper feel to it. Can it be a knockoff??

I'm sure we'll see knock-offs at some point, but I haven't come across any yet. Many of the sellers on Amazon are authorized DJI dealers, so you probably bought from one of them.

I've seen this posted elsewhere, Genuine battery, no issues reported, just a slightly different design. My P4 actually came with the brighter battery. It's all good

Same thing happened with genuine P3 batteries.

Slightly different brightness in different battery revisions.

My first three batteries have the 'dimmer' green lights. The two I received today are exactly like you say - much brighter with obvious LED's. Different manufacturer I bet but definitely genuine product.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So I bought an extra battery on Amazon. While,charging it I noticed it has totally different lights than the original battery that came with the Phantom. In the extra one you can see the little bulbs inside each individual light. Whereas in the original you don't see bulbs. Anyone ever see this before?

So how is it working out for you? I just received mine from Amazon today and it has those same clear lights your talking about... The one that came with my P4 has the solid lights... I only bought one to test it out to see if I'll buy more from Amazon... it's on the charger now and hopefully it works properly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers