External 110v - 15.2 plugin to power drone without running battery down

Reaction score
I noticed that there is a limitation on being able to power up the drone, without using a charged battery module. I am kind of surprised that DJI or other 3rd party vendors have not developed and offered one.
If you want to run thru all your sensor's, settings, etc, which can only be done with...once again a battery plugged in.
Does anyone know of such a beast?

Thanks

I noticed that there is a limitation on being able to power up the drone, without using a charged battery module. I am kind of surprised that DJI or other 3rd party vendors have not developed and offered one.
If you want to run thru all your sensor's, settings, etc, which can only be done with...once again a battery plugged in.
Does anyone know of such a beast?

I recall seeing this topic discussed not long ago. I believe what you're suggesting is a battery eliminator. I don't believe there is a ready-made solution currently available at this time due to the interaction between the battery and the drone, but others here may be able to comment.

I recall seeing this topic discussed not long ago. I believe what you're suggesting is a battery eliminator. I don't believe there is a ready-made solution currently available at this time due to the interaction between the battery and the drone, but others here may be able to comment.

Maybe it is just me, or there might be an existing way to get around it, but say..for instance I purchase Litchi, or just go with the default DJI app,..seems to me, your really limited on how long you can figure or set your parameters without having to stop after 28 minutes etc.
I am curious if anyone in this group, is interested in over coming that challenge and have a 110v convert that plugs into the drone, bypassing the plugin battery and being able to not rush, nor be limited on how long the drone is connected.

The main issue is the serial comm. I/O with the battery.
I’d guess if there was a market for such DJI would have made it available.

Maybe it is just me, or there might be an existing way to get around it, but say..for instance I purchase Litchi, or just go with the default DJI app,..seems to me, your really limited on how long you can figure or set your parameters without having to stop after 28 minutes etc.
I am curious if anyone in this group, is interested in over coming that challenge and have a 110v convert that plugs into the drone, bypassing the plugin battery and being able to not rush, nor be limited on how long the drone is connected.
If you’re just playing with settings etc. and not flying it the battery will power it for hours. Obviously with a battery eliminator you wouldn’t be flying it as well.

Geo

Reactions: Jimonthebeach
I recently considered building such a device but I was not able to determine if the battery provided any "feedback" or interaction with the drone during the time it was powered on. If it does not, then all that would be required would be the proper ten pin socket to fit in the battery slot and a DC voltage of 17.2 volts at maybe an amp or two and the proper pin connections needed for the +DC and Ground. I was not confident enough about my knowledge of DJI's interaction between the drone and battery to try it. As long as my Phantom 4 is still flying and has not flipped inverted like my last one did, I will refrain from experimenting on it on my own. Perhaps someone out there already has done this experiment and can share their experience?
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

The Batt must communicate with the drone.

This is well established since the P2 introduction.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl