Extender or Not - Battery Charging?

Reaction score
I just bought a P2, gimbal, 2 batteries, Gopro 3+ Black.

Is it wise to charge the batteries to full after flying, or wait a few hours before flying again. How many hours does the charging process take.

I'm obviously new and I have a lot of practice to do, think I should hold off on the extender.

Finally I want FPV but have to wait. What is the biggest screen I can get?

Thanks all.

I've seen posts in other threads here (and eslewhere) which state that LiPo batteries do best (when stored for more than a few days) at about 50% charge. That would suggest that it's best to let 'em rest.

Maybe TMI, but see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7FFHKsuJHs
(At the end of this video is an admonition to NEVER store LiPo batteries at full charge)

You'll hear (and can read) a lot about "balanced charging". I've no info on what circuitry is in the P2's batteries, but given their cost, I hope it has some provision for balanced charging (meaning charge each cell to the same voltage - a battery typically is a collection of cells in series).

50% is really only for when you don't intend to use them for a while (e.g. a week or longer) and it's also a pain in the butt to sit there and babysit your batteries until they get to 50%. I charge mine completely in the evening if I intend to use them the next day. If I don't intend to use them for a few days, I'll leave them discharged (around 18%) until the day before I fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl