Extended Warrenty???

Reaction score
Hi! I am very new and trying to learn as much as I can about flying and, well honestly pretty much everything haha. I just purchased a DJI phantom 2 vision plus v3, and wanted to get an extended warranty on it, most likely through a 3rd party company. I have searched all over and only found several people saying to check into Square Trade, for the warranty, saying it was a good price and for 3 years!

Well I actually just got off the phone with them and now I know for sure they do NOT insure drones (anymore) because they are "too risky" (thats what the customer service person told me) and I'm guessing people were making a lot of claims obviously.

So my question then is...is there anywhere else I could possibly get something like this so that I can protect my new baby? haha

Thanks in advance!

dsposetta said:
Hi! I am very new and trying to learn as much as I can about flying and, well honestly pretty much everything haha. I just purchased a DJI phantom 2 vision plus v3, and wanted to get an extended warranty on it, most likely through a 3rd party company. I have searched all over and only found several people saying to check into Square Trade, for the warranty, saying it was a good price and for 3 years!

Well I actually just got off the phone with them and now I know for sure they do NOT insure drones (anymore) because they are "too risky" (thats what the customer service person told me) and I'm guessing people were making a lot of claims obviously.

So my question then is...is there anywhere else I could possibly get something like this so that I can protect my new baby? haha

Thanks in advance!

OMG! :eek: You jest. :lol: Warranties cover manufacture defects in workmanship and components for x amount of time and extended warranties come into play after the manufactures has runs out. There isn't any warranty for pilot error and you'll make a few I'm sure.

Welcome to the forum dsposetta :D
Have never seen where you can get an extended warranty for your Phantom but I would suggest that you do read in the manual and also in the forum all you can and just take baby steps with your baby till you are comfortably with it and hopefully you won't need one .
You Tube has some great tutorial's on getting started and just ask if you need some help as there's always someone here that has been there..done that and will help you !!
Fly safe and enjoy yourself :)

hey dirkclod thank you. and yes youtube has been very educational i feel like i should pay tuition haha, i have been soaking up videos on there and like you said i hope i dont need the warrenty.

YouTube also has some great pilot errors that warranties couldn't or wouldn't help. :lol:

jason said:
YouTube also has some great pilot errors that warranties couldn't or wouldn't help. :lol:

oh i know! i have seen a lot of crashes and mishaps. some are pretty intense!

Welcome to the forum Dsposetta. Yes for a while SQ was selling a warranty for the V+ as it was considered a flying camera. That is what they explained to me when I inquired about it. I was luck enough to get my warranty before they stopped selling it. It is a 3 year warranty & was $230.00. I heard someone else say that State Farm, Farmers or some other company was possibly selling one. I have not inquired since I have mine under warranty. Good luck with your search.

I am also a new P2V+ owner...I got it as a gift and it was purchased through Amazon.

If there is a problem (either my fault or defect) how do I obtain service, parts etc?

I live in upstate NY, an hour North of Albany.

Thanks

Larry

I am also a new P2V+ owner...I got it as a gift and it was purchased through Amazon.

If there is a problem (either my fault or defect) how do I obtain service, parts etc?

I live in upstate NY, an hour North of Albany.

Thanks

Larry
Depending on what you need, parts are generally pretty cheap and can be purchased from many suppliers all over the US. If you need service, there are also 3rd party repair shops all over the US. DJI has one in CA. Assuming it was purchased from a supplier using Amazon as a sales channel, the vendor would generally take care of the service.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4