Extended range by turning a screw?

Super easy. Literally takes less than a min. to do. You know when your transmitter is in the more powerful and longer range (US) mode when you power up the radio and hear 2 beeps instead of 1.

So now thats cleared up..........why? In my years of flying R/C craft I've never seen a built in range extender. Not that I mind just wondering why?

It's for regulatory purposes - the EU have a lower max power output limit for that radio spectrum than the US. Shipping them in the CE compliant mode by default but allowing a fairly simple switch to FCC compliant mode allows them to sell across various territories without producing a specific tx for CE compliance, and another for FCC compliance.

Makes financial and logistical sense for DJI...

Of course all of us the EU fly with our transmitters in CE compliant mode all the time.

Yes.

We do.

Always.

dronesetc said:
Super easy. Literally takes less than a min. to do. You know when your transmitter is in the more powerful and longer range (US) mode when you power up the radio and hear 2 beeps instead of 1.
This should work also with Phantom 2 (not Vision), right?
But it makes no beeps...
Thanks
Rodolfo Rudel23

Pull_Up said:
It's for regulatory purposes - the EU have a lower max power output limit for that radio spectrum than the US. Shipping them in the CE compliant mode by default but allowing a fairly simple switch to FCC compliant mode allows them to sell across various territories without producing a specific tx for CE compliance, and another for FCC compliance.

Makes financial and logistical sense for DJI...

Of course all of us the EU fly with our transmitters in CE compliant mode all the time.

Yes.

We do.

Always.

Haha! Was just going to ask you that....

Very smart design by DJI in my opinion.

Rudel23 said:
This should work also with Phantom 2 (not Vision), right?
But it makes no beeps...
Thanks
Rodolfo Rudel23
Don't think so - these regulatory issues are probably unique to the Phantom 2 Vision, because of its 5.8 Ghz flight-control signals.

I changed mine by connecting the tx to the pc and using the assistant.

I am not certain it is actually illegal to operate your tx in FCC mode in the EU. It maybe is an anomaly like there was before the introduction of PMR446 for walkie talkies. In those days it was illegal to sell walkie talkies (I assume they were VHF) in the UK but not actually illegal to use them.

I could be talking rubbish though ..... :)

I have the DJI phantom 2. Yes the light doesn't blink and i don't have a beep.

Someone posted that you can select FCC mode in the software. I can't find this!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj