Explain How the P3 does Auto Brackets?

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused on how the P3 does it's auto brackets for still photos.
What I WANT is to set the ISO (usually 100) and have it bracket the exposures with Shutter speed.

And for Dusk shots especially I want to keep the ISO low because of the Noise.
Seems like if I hit the Flyout menu to show my ISO & choose shutter speed, even if in 3 frame Bracket mode, the exposre does not change. - I get 3 shots at 100 iso & 1/2 sec say.
Rather than 3 shots all at 100 - but going 1/2 sec-1/4 sec - 1 sec
While in Detroit last week I set the iso at too, closed the menu and shot away getting 30 or 40 frames that I thought would be brackets - but all stayed at 1/2 sec - 100 iso.

Tonight I tried some dusk shots at a local mall and got my brackets - but it bracketed the ISO and used Auto ISO & went as high as 1500 ISO. Which looks like crap.

I do not understand how to lock it at 100 ISO in low light.
Must I do single shots keeping the flight menu for Shutter/ISO open and manually bracket?
Or am I missing something in the Prefs that will allow me to do what I want?

Also I've been annoyed by the horizon tilt. Tonight I found the Adjust Gimbal Roll setting. This is after doing an Auto Gimbal Adjustment.
Having it on a level table it seems like a +1 adjustment levels it now nicely.
But every time I restart the P3 it resets itself back to 0 and I'll have to do it again before flying.
Again - is there a way to lock in my settings?

Your ISO can be set to hold. When you change it in the settings just swipe the menu to the left. If you hit the settings button to close it goes back to default. When you swipe left a lock icon will show up on the left side of the screen

Excellent! I thought there was a way to lock it. Thanks!
Now if I do that will the auto bracket still work- using shutter speeds in low light?

Not sure there man. Sorry never messed with it to much. I have ND filters and am not the best photographer lol

I'll figure it out.
ND's are useful for Video. For stills, shutter speeds & bracketing are the tools to use.

Update- thought I had it figured out. But still having problems,s with Dusk/night shots. I lock the ISO setting at 100 or 200 then also put it on manual as I want the exposures to be consistent on panos. Then bang away 3 or 5 frame brackets.
When I get them home all the exposures are virtually the same. Doesn't seem to be bracketing.

Anyone know how I can get it to bracket around an exposure that I set?
Really don't want to be on Auto exposure for dusk shots. I want a consistent starting point and a consistent bracket on each part of my pano.

Do I really need to go full manual for every frame to bracket consistently?

by bracket you mean taking three photos with different exposure (-3, 0, +3)?
if so, im interested in finding a way to do it.

Yes. A Bracket means a range of exposures as opposed to a Burst of several frames all the same.
But even though I chose Bracket- I got a burst.
Bracket works fine in daytime. Just at dusk I'm having a problem getting it to change exposures while keeping the ISO locked at 100-200
Tonight I'm going to just do it manually for each frame. Not great.

by bracket you mean taking three photos with different exposure (-3, 0, +3)?
if so, im interested in finding a way to do it.
Actually DJI has set the auto bracket at .7stp.
So and frame will be 0, -.7, +.7

Wish we could set them at full stops, but it is what it is. When it works...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic