Expertdrones Trade-In

Reaction score
I just got a P4, but the portability of the Mavic is a real advantage for what I'm looking to do, so I'm thinking about trading up (down? sideways?) to the Mavic. Expertdrones.com offers a $899 (credit) for P4's and I wondered if anyone has had experience with them.

Thanks!
Scott

Reactions: fsatbell
Replying to subscribe, Scott.

GMass loves his P4 and would hate to give up both the image quality and ability to use an iPad, but the portability of the Mavic is almost enough to make up for it. GMass thinks he'd even pay a few hundred in greenbacks to install some sort of folding propeller system to his P4.

Replying to subscribe, Scott.

GMass loves his P4 and would hate to give up both the image quality and ability to use an iPad, but the portability of the Mavic is almost enough to make up for it. GMass thinks he'd even pay a few hundred in greenbacks to install some sort of folding propeller system to his P4.

why would you lose the abilty to use an Ipad or have good image quality ?

why would you lose the abilty to use an Ipad or have good image quality ?
Re: Using iPad - The controller cannot hold an iPad. The largest iOS device it will hold is the 6+ / 7+. It can not hold anything longer than 160mm. The iPad mini is 203mm.

Re: Image Quality - While both cameras are 4k in resolution, resolution isn't synonymous with quality. See this video (starting at 7:25) for a compassion of image quality. GMass is hoping to eventually use a drone to make some cash, so the reduction in image quality isn't acceptable.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm still not convinced that DJI will produce a product with inferior image quality.

If someone says Mavic is lighter and can't be as stable as P4 in high winds, I can take that with a pinch of salt but saying expected image quality will be bad is not understandably. Don't know where am I going wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Re: Using iPad - The controller cannot hold an iPad. The largest iOS device it will hold is the 6+ / 7+. It can not hold anything longer than 160mm. The iPad mini is 203mm.

Re: Image Quality - While both cameras are 4k in resolution, resolution isn't synonymous with quality. See this video (starting at 7:25) for a compassion of image quality. GMass is hoping to eventually use a drone to make some cash, so the reduction in image quality isn't acceptable.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I LOVE Casey but he didn't have that camera set up right and the softness myth has been pretty debunked by now.

As awesome as he is, and I love and subscribe to him, his technical accumen is not his strongest point.

I LOVE Casey but he didn't have that camera set up right and the softness myth has been pretty debunked by now.

As awesome as he is, and I love and subscribe to him, his technical accumen is not his strongest point.

There's been plenty of better reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

That it won't attach to an ipad is an issue, but it's still compatible with an ipad, right? I'll jury-rig something....and for the follow-me stuff I want to use it for, screen size isn't an issue, but portability very much is. Image quality is also something I'm considering, but while one (at least) review rates the Mavic as clearly (ha...) inferior, others claim that if you focus the Mavic properly, image quality is at least as good.

Getting back to my original question, though, has anyone had experience with expertdrones.com and/or their trade-in program?

Cheers,
Scott

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic