Expert advice PV2+

Reaction score
Hey guys
Am about to buy a replacement gimbal for my brother and send it overseas but I don't have Phantom 2 to test this on. So, am asking for your expert opinion.

Can i buy this with confidence that it's working??any one can confirm this?
Also, is there anything special to inspect on pick up ? To insure it's worth it/ working
Whats the common gimbal issues in this board?

Thanks

https://trademe.co.nz/912172157

** if you ask why am posting in a P3 forum cuz no one answered on other sub forum experienced.

ianwood

Taco Wrangler
Reaction score
No cross posting allowed. This belongs in the P2V+ section. I am sure someone will answer your question.

Reaction score
"This part came out of a Phantom 2 Vision+ after a crash."
A used gimbal is like a prostitute... it's most likely fked.

The gimbal camera is a precision built component. It's very delicate and expensive. Small bumps and rough landings can throw it out of whack. For $450, its rather risky. I wouldn't buy it unless I was able to test it. Pay the extra few bob for a new unit with warranty.

Some P2V+ have never been crashed and still show signs of horizon tilt. This is from the first gen press fit magnetically held shaft. Try and look for the upgraded/revised module, what they refer to as the Ver3. This uses a "plate" instead of a D shaft.

Reaction score
"This part came out of a Phantom 2 Vision+ after a crash."
A used gimbal is like a prostitute... it's most likely fked.

The gimbal camera is a precision built component. It's very delicate and expensive. Small bumps and rough landings can throw it out of whack. For $450, its rather risky. I wouldn't buy it unless I was able to test it. Pay the extra few bob for a new unit with warranty.

Some P2V+ have never been crashed and still show signs of horizon tilt. This is from the first gen press fit magnetically held shaft. Try and look for the upgraded/revised module, what they refer to as the Ver3. This uses a "plate" instead of a D shaft.
Thank you very much. Got it now.

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
PhantomHelp.com
Fares, a new unit can be purchased safely on Amazon here.

Last edited:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alcudia60