Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Experimental grading and render of a golf hole flyover

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by martcerv, Sep 26, 2013.

1. martcerv

Here is a little test render for a project I will be doing a little later on, filmed with a hero3 black and phantom. Grading in cineform studio and magic bullet looks which had a bit of a bug as keyframes showed up in the render preview but adobe encoder doesnt render keframe changes using MB looks. So after some trial and error I figured out trying to just render out of premiere directly rather then using the encoder and it worked.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtCkU-_qY1A[/youtube]

I used looks for some image settings not available in cineform and also to use a blur effect keyframed to highlight just the hole and give a depth of field effect on everything else. I think it works quite well and will do something along these lines for the full course flyover.

2. nperic

Well done!! I was thinking on filming the golf course where I usually play and apply a similar effect to get everything outside the course blurred. I was planning that because the course is surrounded with houses :D

Have you tried the tilt shift effect? Really nice for some phantom shots!

3. martcerv

Thanks this was just a bit of a test shot in low light with no gimbal so I will do a better job on a full course preview once it drys up a bit and the weather improves. Funny I had a game at the course today first time in a while and after having flown FPV over it a bit lately I forgot how large the actual place is when walking it not speeding over it with a wide angle FPV lens. :lol:

Tilt shift is a pretty cool effect, maybe not for this type of thing as I used the blur more to highlight and focus on the particular hole and not get distracted by everything else in the background. The start is a bit overdone I think but I kind of like the effect, also down one side of the course are some powerlines and warehouses so blurring these out will make it look a bit nicer I think.