Expensive Props

Reaction score
Well, the weather is getting nicer here in Chicago so my thoughts have turned to flying. I've held off on buying a set of Vision props over the winter since I wouldn't be using them, but I want to get a set because I've heard good things. The prices I'm seeing seem high to me, like $20 for one pair! Does it seem excessive to you guys to drop $40 on a set of props? This isn't a cheap hobby, I know, and I've sunk plenty of money into it, but that seems a bit much.

-Don

it is what it is. at $8 ... thats not genuine. what are you guys doing to go through props? LOL

some of the plastic props was really cheap, it's true, isn't it?
The carbon fiber props are extremely expensive for me. :lol:

You do have to specify these days, Phantom 1 props are smaller than Phantom 2.

I just snagged a 4 pack of Phantom 2 props it says are the genuine DJI version for $12 from Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-Replacement-Tightening-Propeller/dp/B00I0DIOMU

[edit] apparently there are suppliers listing fake parts as authentic so be careful, looks like I was wrong about the price point that's where the fakies are

I didn't mean anybody posting before me was right or wrong, just that one needs to be careful when ordering props... I almost wound up with a set of P1 props the first time I bought some.

my main point was that $40 for a set of 4 is definitely overpaying, whether you can find them for 8, 10, 12 or 15... I definitely wouldn't pay 40 for a set

QYV said:
You do have to specify these days, Phantom 1 props are smaller than Phantom 2.

I just snagged a 4 pack of Phantom 2 props it says are the genuine DJI version for $12 from Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-Replacement-Tightening-Propeller/dp/B00I0DIOMU

Sorry to piss on your bonfire but there is a big difference between " authentic " and " genuine ". The ones you have snagged on amazon are cheapo copies so beware. Do you not bother reading customer reviews on amazon?

I use both genuine DJI and knockoff 3rd party 9443s. The DJIs are well balanced from the factory and have a nicer finish than plastic knockoffs. All knockoffs come randomly unbalanced and can seriously affect flight control and behavior; it once balanced can be just as good as the real thing.

The best way to avoid getting knockoffs if you are looking for DJIs are to purchase them from reputable dealers uavproducts and 1uas.com carry a good selection of genuine DJI 9443/ in multiple colors and styles. They're also fairly inexpensive (anywhere from $9 a pair for NST to the standard MAP price of $15/pair).

It's always good to buy a few extra sets for spares :)

Madwak said:
Sorry to piss on your bonfire but there is a big difference between " authentic " and " genuine ". The ones you have snagged on amazon are cheapo copies so beware. Do you not bother reading customer reviews on amazon?

apology accepted. I'll be the first to admit you're right.. partly. There are 4 different suppliers for that exact part, and it seems that 1 or 2 of them are legit, and 1 or 2 of them aren't. To answer your question no, I don't read reviews for a cheap $10 part that is clearly advertised as authentic although did YOU bother reading the customer reviews that DID say they got authentic parts?

How about you go be a **** and lash out to someone that deserves it, like the sellers supplying fake parts that they are listing as authentic instead of people just trying to participate in this forum and help others? stay classy champ

QYV said:
Madwak said:

apology accepted. I'll be the first to admit you're right.. partly. There are 4 different suppliers for that exact part, and it seems that 1 or 2 of them are legit, and 1 or 2 of them aren't. To answer your question no, I don't read reviews for a cheap $10 part that is clearly advertised as authentic although did YOU bother reading the customer reviews that DID say they got authentic parts?

How about you go be a **** and lash out to someone that deserves it, like the sellers supplying fake parts that they are listing as authentic instead of people just trying to participate in this forum and help others? stay classy champ

Did you not think for a minute that the good reviews might come from "friends" of the seller?

ive been oredering DJI OEM 9443 P2 vision prop from EZDRONE.COM $16 per pair 2 blades per pack. They are based out of san diego, and they are OEM with DJI Prints.

Let me save all of you some time:

Order the props from uavproducts.com. Free shipping over $50 and no sales tax. $15 per pair (9443's is what I use for my phantom 1.1.1)

kydan said:
Let me save all of you some time:

Order the props from uavproducts.com. Free shipping over $50 and no sales tax. $15 per pair (9443's is what I use for my phantom 1.1.1)
+1 I buy the same. Same price too but fro dslrpros.com. There is a big difference from factory and knockoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik