Expected release of GoPro Hero 4

Reaction score
With GoPro heavily rumored to be releasing the next version of the Hero in mid-October sometime, I've been wondering what the chances of compatibility with a Zenmuse H3 3D might be. Obviously if the size and dimensions of the new Hero have changed at all then it's likely a no go. If the new Hero is the same size, then maybe just a firmware update will make it compatible? Anyone have any thoughts or info on the subject?

That's where we'll see how smart the company really is. It would be really stupid in my mind to change the format with so many people having cases and mounts, etc.

Looking forward to see the specs of the new model!

just bought a hero 3+ black today...
looking forward to see how much the price drops in a month.

There are no rumors of a new GoPro being released in October. Or at least, no credible ones.

I thought there was some analysis by Stifel based on pipeline orders of the A9 chip that support an October release. The speculated price was $499.

ianwood said:
There are no rumors of a new GoPro being released in October. Or at least, no credible ones.

Numerous tech blog's and magazines? Sure they may not be sources that scream "credible," but the I'd say there's enough noise being made that it seems quite possible at this point, especially given the time of year. But let us know if you hear of any "credible" rumors.

Rumours abound in the tech world of all manner of new products.
This time last year there were loads of credible rumours of a new Google Nexus 10 about to be released.
It still hasn't surfaced.

efoote77 said:
Numerous tech blog's and magazines? Sure they may not be sources that scream "credible," but the I'd say there's enough noise being made that it seems quite possible at this point, especially given the time of year. But let us know if you hear of any "credible" rumors.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gopro+h ... er+release

Christian Post is not exactly a good goto for reliable tech news. None of the major gadget blogs have anything on a new GoPro. They would be a awash with rumors. Maybe GoPro has been able to keep it all under wraps but with a robust accessories market, that's very hard to do these days. All indications point to no imminent release.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411671216.464183.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411671216.464183.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 452

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4