Exemption letter 333

Personally, I'm holding off a while waiting to see what they do with part 107. I have neither the time nor the money to get a sport pilot's license to qualify for a 333.
Agreed, it would be silly to apply for 333 today. It takes at least 6mos to get it approved, not to mention you need some sort of pilot license to go with it. At this point it's best to wait for the 107 rule to be released, which should be any day.

Reactions: Mane Avi
You do realize that once Part 107 is "released" there is a lot of infrastructure that will be needed? It most likely won't be "available" for several months unless the FAA pulls a rabbit out of the hat.

The "Testing" will most likely be done via their already established testing facilities and all of the study guides, test materials etc have to be developed, approved, and then implemented.

Today at 1:00pm EST they will do an official announcement. We will know much more after that but I don't think it's going to be a Free For All starting today.

Also on a similar note... the Section 333 Exemption doesn't go away. It's a much needed "process" that has to do with more than just "flying a commercial drone". It's the process we will use if we want to "request" flights outside of what is currently allowed (Night flights, flights over crowds, flights beyond VLOS etc).

BigAl07 do you recommend me to still get the 333. Will I Benifit from it given the fact.

BigAl07 do you recommend me to still get the 333. Will I Benifit from it given the fact.
It took me 6mos to get my 333, the FAA is really backed up. You'd also need a FAA airman certificate of some sort to use the 333 yourself in commercial operations. So unless you need something that the 107 rule doesn't provide, I wouldn't bother with it. 107 starts in August, however it will likely take some time to get that certificate too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers