Exciting day.....

Reaction score
I put my P3P in the hands of a retired pilot who has at 1 point flew Airforce 1. He loved it and kept saying "I'm getting 1" He could not believe the technology behind it with the GPS and how it would hold position.

I put my P3P in the hands of a retired pilot who has at 1 point flew Airforce 1. He loved it and kept saying "I'm getting 1" He could not believe the technology behind it with the GPS and how it would hold position.
Perfect pilot to comply with a 333 Exemption for commercial use! :D

Nice guy to have on our side. He may know the big guy or some upper level politicians and put in a few good TRUE words about this hobby.

Hes very supportive. Hes flown RC planes before but never anything with FPV. Hes about to go on vacation and wants me to take him to get when he gets back in town.

I find it awesome that you know someone that actually flew Air Force 1... :)

Reactions: Buckaye
He's available to fly commercially for you, Ken, under your 333 Exemption! :D
Now, if you could only afford him. Maybe a tradeout for flying lessons. He'll need a few. Drones handle differently than AirForce 1, but I am sure he is a quick study!:)

Reactions: kenjancef

Yeah what are the odds?? I can't believe there are THAT many people in the world who can claim to have done that... really cool

He's available to fly commercially for you, Ken, under your 333 Exemption! :D
Now, if you could only afford him. Maybe a tradeout for flying lessons. He'll need a few. Drones handle differently than AirForce 1, but I am sure he is a quick study!:)

Won't get a free meal though... (if they even do that... lol...)

Yes, it only took him about 30 seconds with the controls and took off with it. He said the controls reminded him of a helo more than anything. He called his wife outside and told her he was getting 1. She said whatever.

Actually I think a lot has to do with my location Ken. Last year I got to know 1 of the pilots that was flying the plane that towed Chuck Yeager when he broke the sound barrier. He was 92 and he had a stroke. His 91yr old wife took care of both of them. I could sit and listen to his stories all day long. At 92 he still played a flight Sim almost daily.

Actually I think a lot has to do with my location Ken. Last year I got to know 1 of the pilots that was flying the plane that towed Chuck Yeager when he broke the sound barrier. He was 92 and he had a stroke. His 91yr old wife took care of both of them. I could sit and listen to his stories all day long. At 92 he still played a flight Sim almost daily.

That's so awesome... I could listen to those stories all day too... things were so different back then...

They sure were different back then we even had an ice box. Oh those were the good old days. I can remember the milkman making deliveries with a horse drawn wagon and he had an ice box too. Let's get it straight the good old days are right under your nose

Reactions: aka1ceman

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj