Exchanging P4P through Dji

I'm having an issue with my p4p. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips about exchanging. Sending in. The form. I already contacted Dji. I have a case number. I'm supposed to receive the shipping label through email soon. There is a form I print, fill out and put in the box?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PhantomPilots mobile app

what's your issue with the p4p?They have been great with customer service despite what everyone else says. Yup...just put it in the box and ship it out accordingly. If you are in the US, then it'll go to Carson, CA.

Reactions: Kaleesi23
I had problems but for me I sent it back to the retailer as I heard DJI can be a pain. You have a one year warranty with the shop... Take it there for a straight quick swap

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had problems but for me I sent it back to the retailer as I heard DJI can be a pain. You have a one year warranty with the shop... Take it there for a straight quick swap

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Retailers don't warranty for a year. Retailers warranty per whatever their policy is. Some are 10 days, 14 days, 30 etc. after that it's all through DJI

Reactions: bkushner
I forgot to mention that I'm in England so it may be different. A receipt is a legal contract which states it's a one year warranty on the back of the receipt between the shop and customer. Technically we have a 6 year warranty but no way I'm going into that lol

Neon Euc

Reactions: F3honda4me
what's your issue with the p4p?They have been great with customer service despite what everyone else says. Yup...just put it in the box and ship it out accordingly. If you are in the US, then it'll go to Carson, CA.
Yeah. Hopefully me living in California also helps with the time. Anyone know how long it usually takes to get the new one back? And do they normally send a brand new one back?

Yeah. Hopefully me living in California also helps with the time. Anyone know how long it usually takes to get the new one back? And do they normally send a brand new one back?

yea they don't accept walk ins. They sent mine via UPS before. They usually fix the unit depending on the problem. They might just swap out the camera/gimbal. Follow the instructions. When I sent mine it said don't send props, batteries, etc....

I live 35mi from their Carson,CA facility, so ground shipping is overnight to DJI from my house. My P4 was exchanged in 9 days (including shipping both ways), however it took me 10 days to initially get the RMA and shipping label, proving my case with flight logs and video to match. I was happy with their service response time, but they didn't do anything to fix my weak controller to get to perform like my P3P (GL300A) which can go 3mi and the P4 (GL300C) less than 1mi. They exchanged the P4 craft to fix a problem with YOYOing, but didn't exchange the controller, apparently because it's perfect fine, to their standard. WEAK. I'm happy with my P4 using the GL658A controller.

Last edited:
yea they don't accept walk ins. They sent mine via UPS before. They usually fix the unit depending on the problem. They might just swap out the camera/gimbal. Follow the instructions. When I sent mine it said don't send props, batteries, etc....
They told me to send everything in. I asked and he said I was getting a new one.

I live 35mi from their Carson,CA facility, so ground shipping is overnight to DJI from my house. My P4 was exchanged in 9 days (including shipping both ways), however it took me 10 days to initially get the RMA and shipping label, proving my case with flight logs and video to match. Overall I was happy with the service.
They asked for 1 video them he gave me a case number sent me an email with instructions and a link for a form to print and fill out. He said the shipping label will come in email within the day ;) .

I forgot to mention that I'm in England so it may be different. A receipt is a legal contract which states it's a one year warranty on the back of the receipt between the shop and customer. Technically we have a 6 year warranty but no way I'm going into that lol

Neon Euc
Ah! Yea that would make a huge difference. Cheers.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I live 35mi from their Carson,CA facility, so ground shipping is overnight to DJI from my house. My P4 was exchanged in 9 days (including shipping both ways), however it took me 10 days to initially get the RMA and shipping label, proving my case with flight logs and video to match. I was happy with their service response time, but they didn't do anything to fix my weak controller to get to perform like my P3P (GL300A) which can go 3mi and the P4 (GL300C) less than 1mi. They exchanged the P4 craft to fix a problem with YOYOing, but didn't exchange the controller, apparently because it's perfect fine, to their standard. WEAK. I'm happy with my P4 using the GL658A controller.
Wasn't the P4 YoYo'ing fixed with a firmware update? I had it, too, and it went away after the update that purportedly fixed it. Sure was scary over water! :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers