Examples of Petition for Exemption 333 for individual? Anyone?

Reaction score
The toughest part of requesting this FAA 333 exemption for me has been making sure I have everything included in this petition for exemption letter. Does anyone have an individual example they have used in the past that has been successful in getting the 333 granted? All I find on the internet are large companies that lawyers have turned this request into 50 pages. Surely, there has to be an easier, less worded format out there. If anyone is willing to share their exemption request write up, I sure would appreciate it.

Howdy FlyBoyNC.

If I can be of any help let me know. I don't know what part of NC you're in but always willing to help out a neighbor any way we can.

Got it. Just faxed my petition request to the FAA. I mailed in my aircraft tail number request today as well. Now....I wait.

An excellent resource I used to help generate and submit my 333 Exemption Request is an organization called UAVUS. You can find them at uavus.org. Once you become a member (free membership), they will send you a questionnaire that you fill out and send back to them. They will actually create all the necessary documents you need to send to the FAA - as a free service! I know - what's the catch? There is none. I just had them create my 333 Exemption Request documents for me. It did take them about 10 days to return everything to me, but I just printed out the documents, signed them and submitted everything to the FAA. Now I get to wait another 4 months to hear back from the FAA.

Reactions: BigAl07
An excellent resource I used to help generate and submit my 333 Exemption Request is an organization called UAVUS. You can find them at uavus.org. Once you become a member (free membership), they will send you a questionnaire that you fill out and send back to them. They will actually create all the necessary documents you need to send to the FAA - as a free service! I know - what's the catch? There is none. I just had them create my 333 Exemption Request documents for me. It did take them about 10 days to return everything to me, but I just printed out the documents, signed them and submitted everything to the FAA. Now I get to wait another 4 months to hear back from the FAA.

It looks like now they have a Gold Membership ($49) which includes the 333 exemption service. I don't see it as a free service.

Reactions: BigAl07
I just checked their website again, and the basic membership is free. I am a basic (free) member and they completed my 333 Exemption Request at no charge.

It's on their main page (uavus.org) 1/2 way down. You must be signed out if you're already a member to see the offer.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20