Everyone should read the NAZA manual

Reaction score
I downloaded it and read it. I was surprised by some of the stuff I read, such as:

When in GPS mode and the GPS signal is lost for 3 seconds, it goes into ATTI mode.

When the motor cutoff is in "Immediate" mode (the default), holding the throttle at less that 10% for 3 seconds shuts off the motors. When the motor cutoff is in "Intelligent" mode, this puts the quad into landing mode and no controls except the throttle work.

If the IOC flying requirement is not satisfied, the autopilot will quit IOC control mode

If in Home Lock and the GPS signal becomes bad, it switches into ATTI mode.

I didn't understand Receiver Advanced Protection Mode was - now I do and it changes the Failsafe function.

Height limit functions whether in GPS or ATTI mode, distance limit only in GPS mode

GPS accuracy - vertical - plus or minus .8 meters horizontal - plus or minus 2.5 meters

You are correct.

But people associate it with just NAZA-M mode and don't realize it talks about the basic system.

Good stuff in there.

Is that raccoon trying to get some of your beer?

Interesting read indeed.

Btw, no, it is him trying to take the beer from the racoon...

npalen said:
Is that raccoon trying to get some of your beer?

LOL, yea that was buddy. He always wanted what I had.

So I am not clear on the "Immediate" vs. "Intelligent" mode thing. What's the difference between the two? Is it referring to IOC....or NAZA mode?

Top, right hand side, of the Phantom Assistant 'View' page in the 'Motor' field.... 'Cut Off Type'

It should be defaulted to 'intelligent'.

isky172 said:
So I am not clear on the "Immediate" vs. "Intelligent" mode thing. What's the difference between the two? Is it referring to IOC....or NAZA mode?

In Immediate mode, holding the throttle at less than 10% for 3 seconds will shut the motors down, even if the quad is flying.

In Intelligent mode, it will only shut them down if the quad is sitting on the ground.

The NAZA manual said Immediate is default.

Intelligent off...

Is this option even available in the recent versions of firmware/assistant that download with the Phantoms? Don't you have to load another NAZA version of the assistant to get the option?

BlackTracer said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
There is a manual made by dji?

You're kidding I suppose but here it is anyways:

http://www.dji.com/product/naza-m-v2/download

EDIT: That manual is so Chinglish it is almost impossible to read.
Haha I couldnt have said it better myself. I gave up on reading their literature a long time ago. Its woefully written. I learned from more experienced flyers from this site, and from youtube of course ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl