Ever use a "Getterback"?

FCD

Reaction score
Hello all
It seems that about half of my film and flying over water. It is likely that one day, the inevitable will happen. Has anyone ever used a Getterback"? If yes, how did you attach it and did it effect performance?
Any guidance would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here are a few ways to attach it:

11046964_10206611843759433_1349972323_n.jpg
mia.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Did it effect performance or flight time?

I don't personally use one. A lot of people do and I've never heard of anyone complaining about the performance.

Thanks for the info

Whats the point? It doesn't "float" the indicator for up to 10 mins after plunge. Wont the Phantom be toast long before that point?

I have 3 birds and have one on each . Used to have them on high dollar rods and they work .They effect nothing in flight .
The point is Damager is at least you can get your bird back .
That bottom picture in msinger's post is how all mine look .
Now that's a good looking bird . ;)

I have 3 birds and have one on each . Used to have them on high dollar rods and they work .They effect nothing in flight .
The point is Damager is at least you can get your bird back .
That bottom picture in msinger's post is how all mine look .
Now that's a good looking bird . ;)

Thanks - really trying to understand - but if you get your bird back and its basically unrecoverable, what are you recovering?

what are you recovering?
If you crash in salt water, there won't be much to recover. If it's fresh water though, many parts of the aircraft could survive depending on how long it's submerged.

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks. I ask because I'm going to be flying over parts of the Great Lakes in about 3 weeks. Not only would I not expect to recover anything, but I wouldn't expect to be able to get the the "recovery area" in time to see this tiny float.

The GetterBack will float in up to 100 feet of water. Anything beyond that will be unrecoverable. See more details about the Getterback here.

Here's how it works:

Thanks - really trying to understand - but if you get your bird back and its basically unrecoverable, what are you recovering?

You may have insurance or a possible DJI warranty claim situation where you need to physically have the aircraft.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj